Chapter 20

"Woah... betts? What's happened? What's wrong?" Jug said as everyone rushed to Betty's side who was sobbing now. "M...my... I..." she stuttered but she couldn't get her words out. "Okay... betts, look at me" jug said, taking charge. He turned her chair around and took her hands. "Breathe with me. Okay? Follow my breathing" he said as he held her hands to his chest so that she could feel his heart beat and follow it. Together, they took deep breaths in and out until Betty's breathing started to go back to normal. "Can someone get her some water?" Jug asked and Cheryl rushed off to grab some. "Here you go B" Cheryl said when she came back. "T..thanks" Betty mumbled. "Take small sips baby" jug said and she did. Once she was calm jughead asked what everyone in the room was thinking. "What happened betts?" He said. Betty took a deep breath before explaining what had happened. "My mom text me... and called" she started and everyone tried to hold in their gasp; Alice Cooper was not a nice person and she didn't treat Betty nicely either. "She... she said she's in the city and wants to talk.... tonight" she said and started crying again. "Oh betts..." Jug said and wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back to help her calm down again. "B, she won't be able to get into your apartment" Cheryl said. "We'll tell Security about it. Moose works the door he won't let her up" Kevin said. "She'll find a way in! That's what she's like!" Betty cried hysterically. "Okay shh. Calm down" Jug said, not wanting her to be worked up anymore than she already was. "What do I do?!" She sniffed. "We'll figure something out" Reggie said and everyone nodded. "How about.. you stay with me tonight?" Jug said and everyone turned to look at him. "What?" Betty said pulling back and looking at him. "You can stay with me" Jug said. "Really? You want me?" She said and he flashed her his trademark smirk "of course I do" he smiled. "Okay... yes then yes please" she said and for the first time that Morning she smiled. He pulled her in for another hug and placed a kiss on her temple. "B? Are you okay to finish the meeting?" Cheryl asked breaking the couple out of their moment. "Yeah... sorry" Betty said. "No problem" Cheryl said and the meeting continued. "Okay so you have a movie premiere in 4 days, so we'll have to sort out times and hotels and your look but we don't have to do that today Okay?" Cheryl said and Betty nodded.

"Betts! Where's your bag?" Jug yelled; Betty and jughead were back at Betty's apartment, packing up some stuff so she could stay at jugheads in case Alice showed up. "At the top of my wardrobe!" She yelled back from where she was putting all her bathrooms toiletries and makeup she needed in another bag. "Got it! Come and choose some clothes" he said. Soon they'd packed all of her stuff and they were ready for the Uber that was waiting outside for them. "Come one baby" Jug said "I'll grab these" he said taking the bags from her and leading her into the elevator. When they got down to the lobby, Betty checked in with moose. "If she stops by i won't let her up and I'll tell her you're on a business trip and she isn't welcome back, I'll also call you if she does stop by" moose assured Betty. "Thank you so much" Betty said and Quickly hugged moose before she and Jughead left.

"So just to be warned... my apartment is a lot smaller than yours and not as nice" Jug said as he let her into his apartment. "Juggie! You know I don't care about that stuff" she said and he smiled, winding his arms around her waist. "I know" he said and kissed her softly. Their kiss turned a little heated and he moved her over to the couch where she straddled his lap. Suddenly they were interrupted by the door swinging open. Betty shrieked and stumbled off his lap while jughead stood up. They looked towards the door where fangs, Toni and Sweetpea were standing. "What the hell guys?!" Jug yelled. "Sorry! We didn't know you had company!" Fangs apologised. Jug just sighed and looked at Betty who looked awkward and slightly embarrassed so he decided to get rid of the tension. He put his arm around Betty's waist and pulled her into his side. "Guys... this is Betty Cooper..." But was interrupted by them all saying "WE KNOW!" They yelled and Betty blushed. "Anyways... this is Betty my girlfriend." Jug said. "Betty these are my annoying friends, fangs, sweetpea and Toni" he added. "Hi" betty waved. The others who were way to excited to meet a celebrity. "Okay okay...guys let her breath" jug chuckled as he pulled Betty away from his friends. "Sorry" Toni laughed. "It's okay" Betty smiled. "So if you three don't mind, it's been a long day and me and Betty need rest so..." Jug said and the others got the message. "Of course! See you guys in the morning" sweetpea said and they left. When they were gone jughead turned to Betty "sorry if they were full on" he apologised. "No they were cool. They seem really nice" she smiled. "They are" he said. "Now come here and kiss me like you were before we were interrupted" he teased and sat on the couch. She giggled, but did as requested.