Chapter 54

When betty woke up the next morning she carefully climbed out of bed so she didn't wake jughead and pulled on some sweats before leaving the bedroom. It was still early, only about 7am so Betty moved around the apartment quietly so she didn't wake anyone up. After she made herself a coffee in a to-go mug, she picked up her phone and Left he apartment. She walked for about 20 minutes until she came across a small café that sold breakfast so she picked up breakfast for everyone and headed back to the apartment. She was still in sweats and had big sunglasses covering her face; so nobody would recognise her as she walked around LA.

When she walked back into the apartment she was surprised to see everyone up, jughead was pacing around. "Betty!" He said when he saw her and rushed to her and wrapped her up in his arms. "I was so worried when I woke up and you weren't there" he said and he kissed her forehead. "Sorry" Betty said sheepishly when she pulled away. "I didn't think to leave a note or anything, I went to get us all breakfast, I thought I would be back before you woke up" she said. "It's okay baby" jug said and took the Bag off her. "How you doing betts?" He asked her quietly. "A little better" she said and he nodded. Jug went to sort the breakfast out and Betty went to the others. "I'm so sorry about your dad Betty" Toni said and hugged her. "Yeah me too" fangs said. "If there's anything we can do, just let us know" Sweetpea said and Betty smiled and hugged them all "thanks guys".

After breakfast, fangs and Sweetpea were in the pool while Toni sunbathed and jughead was making a coffee in the kitchen. Betty cleared up all the breakfast stuff and then kissed jug on the cheek before going back upstairs. Jug made his coffee and followed Betty up the stairs. "Betts?" He said when he saw her back in bed. He sat Next to her and placed a hand over her thigh. "You Okay?" He asked. "I'm just tired" she shrugged. Jughead knew she wasn't just tired; she was emotionally drained from the news the day before and that probably meant her anxiety wasn't the best. "Do you need anything?" He asked and she shook her head no. "Okay I'll leave you for a bit" he said and kissed her softly before leaving the room.

Jughead was messing about with his friends down stairs, he'd left Betty for about an hour. He heard his phone buzz from beside him and picked it up:

Betty: can you come upstairs please?

Jug didn't even respond before he was up and walking up the stairs. When he got to Betty she was sat up in bed, she wasn't crying but her eyes were puffy so he knew she had been. "Baby?" He questioned. "C.can you come and cuddle with me?" She asked, and he nodded and climbed under the covers and wrapped his arms around her. "I didn't want to be on my own" she told him and he kissed her temple. "That's okay. Do you want to talk about anything?" He asked. "I do... but I want a nap first" she said, closing her eyes. "Okay... sweet dreams baby" he said.