Chapter 94

"He's in hospital?" Betty asked. "Yeah, jelly just called and dad fell when was doing a construction job and he's in hospital and hasn't woken up yet" jug panicked as he started pacing again. "Hey hey" Betty said, taking his hands. "It will be okay, we'll go to Toledo" Betty said. "No I'll go it's okay you stay here" Jug said as he rushed into bedroom to pack a bag. "No jug. I'm not letting you go on your own! I'm coming with you" she said, sternly as she packed her own bag. "You support me. Let me return the favour" she said, kissing him softly. When they had quickly packed a bag each, they went down to Betty's car. "I'll drive" Betty said, not giving him the option and started the long drive to Toledo; knowing they wouldn't get a flight soon. After about two hours Betty pulled over so they could go to the bathroom and grab some water. "Let me drive now baby" jug said when they got back to the car. "It's okay juggie" Betty waved him off. "No betts, you've been busy all day, let me drive, I can't have you falling asleep" he insisted and she nodded. "I'm here for you juggie" Betty said when he started driving. He turned to look at her but didn't say anything. "I mean it Jug. I know we don't know how your dad is right now, but whatever happens, I'm here with you, for you, always." She added and he took her hand and squeezed it. "I love you betts" he said, the raw emotion in his voice was obvious. "I love you too, so much" she said. His hand held hers for the rest of the drive.

When they arrived at the hospital in Toledo, they parked the car and rushed into the hospital. When they got in, they spotted jellybean sat in the waiting room. "Jug!" Jellybean Said when she spotted her brother. "Are you Okay? Is dad okay?" Jughead asked as he wrapped her up in a hug. "I'm okay, I don't know anything about dad" jellybean sighed. "Hi betty" jelly said and went to hug betty. "Hey" Betty said softly. "I'm going to see if they have any information on dad" jughead Said and went to find the front desk. "Are you Okay?" Betty asked, as she lead jellybean back to sit down. "Yeah I think so" jellybean admitted. "I was at school and got a call saying dad was in an accident" she said and Betty wrapped an arm around her. "I'm sorry. I'm sure that must have been scary" Betty sympathised. After a few moments jughead came back over and collapsed in the seat on the other side of jellybean. "He's in surgery" he told them. "What happened?" Betty asked. "He fell of some scaffolding at a construction site" jughead sighed. "They took him Straight into surgery when they got him here" jughead added. "I'm going to grab us all some coffee" Betty announced, standing up and leaving the siblings.

When she got back she handed jughead and jellybean a coffee and she just had a bottle of water. "I'm just going to the bathroom" jelly said and walked to the bathrooms. "No coffee for you?" Jug asked as she sat down next to him. "Erm no..." Betty said and jughead frowned at her. "Why not? Is everything okay?" Jug asked. "Yeah, I just... you know that coffee doesn't help my anxiety" she said quietly. "You feel anxious?" He asked, taking her hand. "I've felt anxious all day, that's why I came home early" she said. "Oh my god! Your event I forgot!" Jughead said. "And you're still in your Outfit and makeup and oh my god! Your anxiety are you okay?!" Jughead stressed. "Hey, hey." Betty laughed softly. "Don't worry about me" she smiled. "I Always worry about you" jughead sighed. "I'm okay. Worry about your dad. I'm okay juggie" she said and he nodded. "Okay but if you need to rest or anything just tell me" he said. "I'm staying with you" she told him and wrapped one arm around him, Playing with his hair as he rested his head on her shoulder. Jellybean came back from the bathroom and the three of them just sat and waited until the doctors had any news for them.

After a few more hours, a doctor came out. "Family of Forsythe Jones?" He said. "That's us" jughead said as they three of them stood up. "How is he?" Jellybean asked. "He's out of surgery, it went well and he's stable for now but still have to keep him under observation for 48 hours to make sure" the doctor started. "He's not awake yet but he should be in the next hour" he added. "Can we see him?" Jughead asked and the doctor nodded. "Yeah, I'll hand you some forms to fill out first and then you can see him" he said and handed jughead a clipboard. They thanked the doctor and jughead Quickly filled out the forms. "Now, Forsythe will be on bed rest when he goes home, and his daughter is still in High-school so will someone be able to watch her and who will help Forsythe?" The Doctor asked. Jughead looked taken back for a moment, he didn't know what to do. Betty saw jugheads face and jumped in. "They can stay with us, we have enough space and we can look after them both" Betty said. "Okay, you can go and see him now" the doctor said and walked away. Jellybean rushed into FP's room and jughead waited for a moment, staying behind with Betty. "Are you sure you want to have jellybean and my dad staying with us?" He said, his hands resting on her waist. "Of course! They're family" she said softly. "I love you so much!" He said, looking at her with only love in his eyes; how did he get so lucky?