Chapter 84

"polly?!" Betty gasped. "Hi Betty..." polly said with a small smile. "Wha..what? What are you doing here?" Betty said, still in shock. Betty hadn't seen polly for 3 years. Polly left town just after she had her twins, she didn't tell Betty, just left a note. Betty had seen the twins when they were born and she hadn't heard from polly since she left. "I was just in New York, and I thought I'd stop by..." polly trailed off. Betty just stood there, staring at her sister. Why was she here now? She hadn't even reached out to Betty in four years and had blocked Betty's number so she couldn't contact her. "Why?" Was the only thing that Betty could get out. "I've missed you Betty..." polly Said and thats when Betty saw red. "YOU MISSED ME?! YOU BLOCKED MY NUMBER! YOU LEFT!" Betty screamed, and polly just looked taken back. "Betty I'm sorry~" polly started but Betty cut her off. "I NEEDED YOU! AND YOU LEFT! SO YOU DO NOT GET TO COME HERE AND SAY YOU MISSED ME!" Betty yelled, trying not to let her tears fall. "Betty I'm sorry I am... I just want to talk" polly said. "No" Betty said, sternly and polly sighed. "This is my number, me and the twins are here for a week, please call" polly said and handed Betty a card with her number on it before Leaving and Betty slammed the door in her face, before breaking down and sliding down the door, finally letting her Tears fall.

Jughead had finished the photoshoot and was packing up his equipment when he got a text from Moose. He frowned. Moose was the doorman of their apartment building:

Moose: a woman just showed up, claiming she knew Betty and Betty's screaming at her.

Jugheads eyes widened and quickly sent a message back saying he was on his way and hurriedly got into his jeep and drove back to the apartment. When he got there, he ran into the lobby. "Moose What happened?" Jughead asked. "A blonde woman showed up, young. Saying she knew Betty and the fact that she knew where she lived made me believe her, she went upstairs and then I could hear Betty yelling. Then as I went up to see what was happening the blonde woman was leaving and I heard Betty Slam the door" Moose said. "Okay, thanks for looking out man" Jug said, appreciatively and ran up to the apartment. He unlocked the door and rushed in. "Betts?" He said, when he saw her on the couch with her head in her hands. Her head snapped up and looked at him and he saw her red eyes and tears. "Baby? What happened?" He asked, really worried. He sat down next to her and placed a hand on her back. She didn't say anything, just handed him the small business card:

Polly cooper

"Your sister?" He whispered; knowing all about Betty's sister. "I don't even know why she's here" Betty sniffed. "Why now?" She cried and be pulled her into him, comforting her. "I don't know baby, it will be okay" he said. "I.. she left me juggie! She left me all alone with my mother and... why?!" She sobbed. "Oh honey... shh I've got you, he comforted her. He didn't know how long he held her for but his heart broke at each cry; every time she was happy, something always knocked her back down again. "Betty, honey, you need to calm down" he said, but she just kept crying and sobbing. Not knowing what else to do, he sent a quick text to Kevin asking him to come over; between the two of them, they might be able to help her.

Kevin, dramatic as always, burst through their apartment door, no less than ten minutes later. "What's happened?!" He asked, frantically. "Polly... she turned up" jughead said, still holding a crying Betty. "SHE WHAT?!" Kevin shouted. Obviously, Kevin knew all about polly, he and Betty had been friends since they were four and he'd been the only person she really had in riverdale after polly left. "I don't know what to do Kev!" Jughead said. "Okay, Okay" Kevin said and made his way over to them and crouched in front of Betty. "B, can you take some deep breaths for me?" Kevin said softly and Betty lifted her head and tried to breath with Kevin but she was too worked up. "I..i..c..c..ant" she she stuttered and then panicked even more, making the boys even more worried. "Hey betts you're okay" Jug said. "She's hyperventilating, this used to happen in high school, we need to calm her down before she faints!" Kevin exclaimed. "I..I..." Betty mumbled but still couldn't control her breathing. "Betty! I need you to try and calm down" Kevin said. Right then, Betty's breathing slowed slightly and then she threw up, all down her front. Kevin and jughead just looked at her with wide eyes and Betty cried even more. "Hey, hey. Baby, it's okay, it's all going to be okay" Jughead said, reassuring her that it was okay. "Kev?" Jug said looking to their friend for support. "It's okay. She was bound to be sick, she's too worked up" Kevin said. After a while Betty's breathing was finally back to normal but she was shaking from adrenaline of being what worked up and being sick. "Are you going to be sick again?" Jughead asked and Betty shook her head "no". "Okay, let's get you in the shower" jug said and helped her up, keeping an arm around her to support her. "I'll make some tea, jug do you want coffee?" Kevin asked and jughead nodded. "Yes please".

In the bathroom, jughead stripped Betty of her clothes and helped her into the shower. After she washed her hair and cleaned herself, he helped her out and into a towel, where he dried her off. "Okay, you sit here and I'll go and grab your pyjamas Okay?" He said softly as she sat on the toilet seat. He went into their bedroom and grabbed some pyjamas, he picked her 'comfort' pyjamas, she always wore them when she was sick or sad. They were fluffy and had bunnies on them. "Here you go" he smiled when he went back into the bathroom. He helped her to get changed and then she sat back down. "I'm sorry" she croaked. "What for baby?" He asked. "I... that you have to do this" she sniffed. "No. I love you so much. All I want is for you to be okay" he said crouching in front of her and cupping her cheek. "Okay?" He Said. "Okay" she nodded. He hugged her tightly and kissed her temple, before pulling back and standing up. "Let's go have some tea" he said and Betty just held her arms out for him and he chuckled and picked her up, her legs coming around his waist and he carried her out the bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, Betty was asleep on the couch after her tea; she was exhausted both physically and mentally. Jughead carried her to their room and Kevin untucked the bed and jughead put her in bed. They pulled the covers back over her, pulled the curtains and left the room. "Do you want to stop over tonight? You can sleep in the spare room and you can borrow some of my clothes?" Jughead asked Kevin. "Yes please" Kevin agreed. "What do we do?" Jughead asked. "I have no idea, let's sleep and make a plan in the morning" Kevin said.