Chapter 146

"Baby? We can stop if you want?" Jug asked, looking over at his wife who looked queasy in the passenger seat. "I'm okay juggie" she said for what felt like the millionth time. "We're almost there anywhere" she added. They only had about half an hour left until they were at FPs. "Okay" jug said, placing his hand on bettys thigh and rubbing small circles on her leg. "I love you" Betty smiled, pecking his cheek. "I love you too" he grinned. Eventually they arrived at FPs house and jughead parked the car. "You ready?" Jug asked her. "Yeah" she said, taking a deep breath. Jughead got out the car and jogged round to open her door for her. "Thank you" she smiled and kissed him as she linked their hands together. They walked hand in hand up to the door and jughead knocked. FP opened the door and his face fell in shock. "Jug?! Betty?!" He asked. "What are you guys doing here?" He said in shock before pulling them both in for a hug. "We had some free time so we thought we'd visit" jug laughed. "Well I'm so glad you did" FP said, ushering them into the house. Just then Jellybean came down the stairs. "Dad? What's all the noise~" she started, but her face split into a huge smile, seeing her brother and sister in law standing there. "Oh my god!" She squealed and rushes to hug them both. "I'm so happy you're here!" She said. "So are we" Betty smiled. "Come on guys, let's sit down" FP said. "I'm just going to grab our bags" jug announced and squeezed bettys hand as he walked back outside. "This was Such a surprise!" Jellybean said, still grinning and Betty couldn't wait to announce their next surprise...

"So, what shall we do for dinner?" FP asked, as they were all lounging around, Betty tucked into jugheads side. "We can order in?" Jug suggested and everyone agreed. "Shall we tell them?" Betty whispered to jughead. "I don't want to wait anymore" she said, unable to keep the excitement at bay. "Okay" jug nodded, kissing her softly before turning to his dad and sister. "So dad. Jelly..." he started and they looked at him. "We came here today, to surprise you with something" he said, sitting up and holding Betty's hand. His dad and Jellybean both looked at them quizzically. "You tell them babe" Betty said. Jughead took out the two folded pictures of the sonogram he had in his pocket and handed them both to them. "What's this?" Jellybean questioned and Betty Just grinned. "Open it" she said. They both unfolded it and the room went quiet as they both stared at it for a moment. "Really?" FP asked, looking up with tears in his eyes while Jellybean was in shock, but grinning. "Really" Betty nodded. "Betty's pregnant" jug beamed, gently placing a hand over bettys still very small bump. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" Jellybean squealed, excitedly, jumping up and down and hugging them both. "This is amazing! I'm going to be an auntie!" She yelled and Betty and jughead laughed as they hugged her. "I can't believe it" FP whispered, still staring at the small sonogram picture he held in his hands. "You're going to be a grandad" jug smiled and FP stood up and pulled jughead into a bone crushing hug. "I'm so happy for you son" he said. "This is amazing, you'll both make amazing parents" he said, wiping tears. "Thanks dad" jug said, getting choked up. "Betty! Congratulation" FP said next, hugging Betty. "Thank you FP" she smiled, wiping her own tears. "You've brought this family so much joy darling" he told her, as they pulled back, Betty smiled and leant into jugheads embrace, his arm wrapping around her and he kissed her head. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" she grinned.

After telling them the news, FP suggested they go out to dinner to celebrate so they headed to a lovely little restaurant in their town and had a great time. By the time they were home, Betty was falling asleep on jugheads shoulder, so jug thought it was best to head to bed. After bidding Goodnight to FP and Jellybean, they went upstairs to jugheads old room, stripped out of their clothes into their pyjamas and jughead watched as Betty did her skin care. "I'm glad it went well" Betty said, rubbing in her moisturiser. "Me too baby" jug smiled, but only then did he notice a far away look on his wife's face as she climbed into bed next to him. "Are you okay?" He asked, slightly concerned. "Yeah" she said, rolling to face him. "It's just... a part of me is sad I don't get to do this with my family" she said, trying not to get emotional. Jug stared at her for a moment; he hated how much her family hurt her. "I know honey, and I'm so sorry" he said, pulling her into his chest and holding her close. "I wish things were different for you" he whispered. "It's okay" she shrugged, pulling back. "I'm happy juggie" she smiled, placing his hand over her stomach. "I'm really, really happy so none of that matters" she said and jug looked at her with only love and awe in his eyes. "I'm happy too betts....I cant even explain."