Chapter 33

Three weeks later and they'd been back from their vacation for two weeks. They'd had an amazing time but Both betty And jughead had been Thrown straight back into work as soon as they returned. Betty had appearances, meetings, meet and greets, talks and events; and even though jughead went to some of them as her photographer, he also had his own work commitments he had to see too. They spent as many nights as they could at Betty's but they both missed each other.

"Hey baby" jug said as he let himself into Betty's apartment late one night after work. "Hi" she smiled. They finally had a weekend off and jughead was going to be with Betty for all her work for the next week. "You Okay?" He said when he noticed her smiled didn't quite reach her eyes like it normally did. "Yeah I'm just tired" she sighed. He sat next to her on the Couch and kissed her softly. "Did you have a good day?" She asked and he nodded. "I did but I missed you" he said, throwing an arm around her. "I missed you too" she said and snuggled closer to him and yawned. "You really are tired aren't you?" He chuckled and felt her nod. "Do you want to go bed?" He asked and she nodded again. "Come on then betts" he said and picked her up and carried her to bed. He changed her into her pyjamas and tucked her under the covers, before putting sweatpants on and taking off his shirt. "I love you" he whispered kissing her head. "Love you too" she mumbled back and was almost instantly asleep. He kissed her head again before laying down next to her and closing his eyes. When jughead woke up again, Betty was cuddled up to his side and it was still dark outside; he looked over at the clock and it was just past 3am. He sighed and carefully climbed out of the bed, trying not to wake his sleeping girlfriend. He walked down the hall and into Betty's kitchen, to grab some water when something caught his eye. Betty's Anxiety and depression medication and it had been used. "What?.." Jug said. Why didn't she tell him she was struggling? He decided not to dwell on in and to ask her about it in the morning.

"Good morning" Betty smiled when jughead woke up the next morning. She was making coffee when he came up behind her and kissed her softly. "Want some?" She asked, pointing to the coffee and he nodded "yes please". After she made them both coffee jughead said "Betts? Can I talk to you about something?" He said. "Sure" she said. He took her hands in his and she looked at him curiously. "When I woke up to get a glass of water I noticed your medication, on the side... like you'd used it?" He said and she tensed up and tried to pull away. "Woah. Hey baby.. it's okay, just talk to me baby what's going on?" He said. "I... I'm just..." she started. "Hey come on let's sit down" he said and lead them to the couch. "I'm just struggling and I feel like... I'm alone. I haven't see you in forever!" She cried. "Oh baby.." jug said and immediately pulled Betty into his arms. "Why didn't you tell me?" He said. "Because jughead!" She said and stood up. "I can't call on you every time everything goes wrong!" She said. Jughead stood up to face her. "What? Yes you can betty. That's what I'm here for!" He said, not understanding where her sudden anger was coming from. "Oh so that's what I am to you then? Just something you can fix? I'm your girlfriend!" She yelled. Jughead just stood shocked, Why was she yelling? How did this conversation go so downhill? "You know what! I'm going back to bed!" She said and stormed off leaving jughead staring after her...