Chapter 149

Later that day, after everyone had lunch they decided to organise the studio; it had gotten messy after their first couple of shoots. Betty was in the office, looking at some boxes they still hadn't moved. She picked one up and walked into the main studio, where the others were. "Hey where shall I put these?" She asked as everyone turned to look at her. Jug suddenly looked concerned and hurried to take it off her. "Betts! You can't be heavy lifting" jug reminded her. "I'm fine jug, I'm not that far along" Betty said. "I know but I don't want anything to happen" he said, kissing her cheek as he went to move the boxes. Betty huffed but waved it off and went to clean down the kitchen instead. "You okay Betty?" Fangs asked, seeing the small frown on her face. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay" she smiled. "Are you sure?" He asked. Since Kevin and fangs had gotten closer, Betty and fangs also got closer. "I just feel helpless" she sighed. "I know that I'm pregnant but I don't want to feel like I can't do anything" she told him. "I know it feels like that, but jughead loves you and doesn't want anything to happen to you or the baby" he reasoned with her. "Picking up a box won't hurt me" she said. "True, but he wants you both safe, you're his wife" he told her. "I know" Betty sighed in defeat. "He's going to spoil you during pregnancy, even more than normal" fangs laughed. "You're just going to have to learn to live with it" he grinned before leaving the room. Betty knew he was right, and she loved how much jughead cared for her, but her hormones were all over the place and she couldn't help but feel annoyed.

When they were done at the studio, jughead drove them both home. It was almost dinner time before they got back to the apartment and after the long day, Betty was tired out, which didn't help her already irritable mood. After taking her coat off, Betty went to see what they had for dinner. "Do you want pasta?" She called to jug. "I don't mind baby" he smiled, coming to wrap his arms around her. "Pasta seems the easiest option" she exclaimed and pulled all the things out she needed. "I'll do it betts" he said, stopping her from grabbing a bowl. "I can do it jug" Betty said. "It's okay I got it" she repeated but jug didn't listen. "I SAID I'VE GOT IT!" She snapped. Jugs eyes widened and he looked at her. "I'm not an invalid jughead! I'm pregnant, I can do things on my own!" She seethed. "Woah... where's this coming from betts?" Jug frowned, moving to grab her hand but she pulled away from him. "You haven't let me do anything today! I can't do this Jug, I can't go nine months relying on everyone!" She said, feeling the tears pooling in her eyes. "Betty..." jug sighed. "Leave it jug, I'm going to lie down" she sniffed. "You do dinner, not like you'd let me do it anyway" she snipped, and stormed off, leaving jughead in the kitchen staring after her...

Jughead was going to go after her but let her have some time alone first. He decided to not make dinner until he'd spoken to her, and went to sit on the couch instead. He heard the shower turn on, and he sighed; he never meant to be overbearing he just wanted her to be relaxed. A while later, Betty came out, hair wet and in her pyjamas, jug watched as she walked past him into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. Sighing, realising she was ignoring him, he stood up and walked over to her. "Betty..." jug said but Betty wouldn't look at him. "I don't want to fight jug" she sighed. "I don't want to fight with you, I just want to talk" he said, trying to catch her eye. "I don't think you can fix this jug!" She said, starting to get angry again. "What? Betty I'm confused what this is about!" Jug said, trying not to raise his voice but he was getting frustrated. "This is about you not letting me be my own person!" She yelled, slamming her glass down and heading back to their bedroom. This time jughead followed after her but stopped short when he saw her sat on the end of their bed, sobbing into her hands. "Betts?" He said and she snapped her head up and wiped her tears, looking at him. At the sight of his wife's face, his frustration melted away and he sat down next to her, taking her hands in his. "I love you" he whispered into her hair. "I love you so much and I'm sorry I was being an overbearing hovering husband, but the idea of something happening to you or our baby, terrifies me" he started explain, one of his hands moving to rest over her stomach. "I never meant to make you feel like I was taking your independence away and I promise you I'll ease off okay?" He said. "But I'm always going to be protective of you, I can't stop that and I'm not sorry for worrying about, i just know that you don't need me to do everything for you so I promise I'll work on it" he added. Betty was silent for a moment, before she leaned her head on his shoulder. "I love you too" she whispered. "I know that you never meant to make me upset, and that you're only doing it because you love me but my hormones are all over the place and it makes my mind all messed up" she sighed. "It's just, the further along I get in my pregnancy, the more I won't be able to do certain things, so until then I want to be as independent as I can" she explained, and jughead nodded in understanding. "I get it baby" he said. "I'm sorry" she apologised. "I should have just spoke to you about this, instead of getting angry and blowing up at you" she said. "It's okay betts, I know your hormones are all over the place and I'm so in awe of you, you're growing our baby betts" he smiled. "I love you" he said, laying them down. "I love you too" she smiled, leaning up to kiss him softly. They made out for a few minutes until they pulled away. "How about neither of us make dinner and we order in?" He suggested and Betty nodded, smiling against his lips. "That sounds great" she agreed. "But let's stay here for a bit first" she added and jug smiled, pulling her closer to his chest. "Sounds perfect".