Chapter 29

"Oh B! I'm so glad you're okay" Cheryl said as the others came in to see Betty while jughead went to get Betty food. "Do you need anything?" Veronica said. "Actually yes, I have to stay for a few days so could someone go to my apartment and get me some clothes? And jugheads, he has some at my place" Betty said. "Of course B" Cheryl said. Just then jughead walked back into the room, holding a tray. "I have food and drinks!" He announced. "Thanks Juggie" Betty said, but her voice was weak and everyone noticed that Betty was tired. "We'll leave you to rest" Reggie said and the others left. Jughead moved and placed the tray on the edge of the bed. "I brought a selection of food, what do you want?" He said with a smile. "Is that ice cream?" She said, pointing to the small tub. "It is. Is that what you want?" He asked and she nodded. "Thanks" she said as he passed it to her.

Jughead was sat next to Betty's bed, editing some photos while she was asleep. She was hesitant to go to sleep but she was in pain so Jug told her he'd stay right here with her. Betty's sleep was restful, she couldn't settle so jughead put his laptop away and held her hand, and stroking her hair to calm her down. After about 40 minutes Betty woke up. "Hey sleeping beauty" he smiled. "Hi" she mumbled. "You doing okay?" He asked. "I'm sore" she moaned. "The nurse said we can get you in the shower and changed into your own pyjamas if you feel up to it?" He said and she nodded. "Will you help me?" She asked and he nodded "of course I will" he said. They carefully managed to get Betty out of bed while the nurses took out her IV's and then left them in peace. "Okay... slow steps baby. We're not in a rush" jug said as he wrapped his arms around Betty's waist to hold her up. When they got into the small bathroom attached to Betty's room. He sat Betty down on the toilet and after making sure she was stable he turned the shower on. "do you need help getting undressed?" He asked. "Do you mind?" She questioned. "Not at all" he said softly. After he undressed her, he helped her into the shower, carefully washing her while trying not to hurt her injuries. When she was all clean and he'd washed her hair; he helped her dry off and get into some fresh pyjamas.

"I don't like you having to see me like that" Betty admitted as jughead brushed her hair. "Like What Baby?" He asked from where he sat behind her on the hospital bed. "Broken..." she said. "Hurt". Jug put the brush down and gently pulled her back so she was resting on his chest and his arms came around her. "Betts... you're so beautiful and yes you have bruised and scars and cuts but you're so stunning. Please don't think anything less" he said and she nodded. "I love you betty, all of you" he said. "I love you too" she whispered back and he kissed her head.