Chapter 35

"Betts? Wake up gorgeous". Betty woke up to jughead lightly shaking her awake. "Mmm" she mumbled and buried herself further into the covers. "Morning" she said and he laughed at her sleepy state. "Hey you" he smiled. "I was wondering if you wanted some breakfast?" He asked and she nodded. "Pancakes?" He said. "Yes please" she smiled. He leaned down and placed a kiss on her head. "On my lips" she mumbled and he chuckled and kissed her lips before leaving to make them breakfast.

"I booked an appointment with my therapist for 11am" Betty said as they were eating breakfast. "That's great baby... do you want me to take you?" He asked. "Do you mind?" She said and he reached over the table to squeeze her hand. "Not at all, I'd be happy to" he smiled. "Thank you juggie, I don't know what I would do without you" she admitted. "Me either babe". After breakfast Betty went to get ready for the day. She was stood staring at her reflection in the mirror, a towel around her body. She was criticising everything she saw, when jughead walked in and wrapped his arms around her from behind and meeting her eyes in the mirror. "Tell me what you're thinking?" He asked gently. "I don't like what I see" she whispered, tears pouring from her eyes. "I just... I feel like all my confidence has gone..." she cried. Jugehad really wanted to pulled her into his arms and shield her from the world but he needed to talk to her first. "Betty cooper... you are so damn beautiful it hurts! I know you don't see it but I swear... I will do anything I can to give you your confidence back because you are the one person in this world who deserves to feel beautiful" he said, his arms coming around her a little bit tighter. "Okay?" He confirmed and she nodded "Okay". "Good!" He said kissing her cheek and she smiled in the mirror. "Now come on let's get dressed" he smiled.

Jughead was currently sat in a waiting room for Betty's therapist. The room was airy and light and had a really homey feel rather than that clinical feel that most counselling buildings had. Betty had been called in half an hour ago and jughead was sat on his phone going through emails while he was waiting. Before Betty went in she repeatedly apologised about not knowing how long she would be in there for. He'd quieted her with a kiss and told her he was here for her no matter how long she was in there for. As he was sat there he couldn't help but think how brave she was; she was facing her demons head on. He was broken out of this thoughts by a door opening and Betty coming out. He stood up and met her. "Juggie" she smiled. "Hey you" he said and embraced her in a hug. "I just have to book my appointment for next week and then we can leave" she said. He noticed her slightly puffy eyes, an indication that she had cried but he didn't mention it. "That's fine baby" he said and watched her walk to the receptionist.

"So how was it?" He asked and he laced their fingers together; waiting for an Uber. "It was actually really helpful. I feel a lot better Now" she started. "But I think for the time being I'm going to have a session every-week and if we're travelling I'll have it over Skype or something... I want to stay on top of it and I don't know want it to overwhelm me again" she told him. Jug wrapped his arms around her waist. "I think that's a great idea betts. I'm proud of you" he said and she just grinned and pulled his lips down to hers.