Chapter 78

The next day, Betty woke up bright and early, climbed out of bed and went into the kitchen to grab jughead his pain medication. "Babe! Juggie? Wake up" she said when she went back into the bedroom and shook him gently. "Mmm" he groaned and rolled over. "No juggie. You need to take these" Betty said and he sighed before sitting up. He was about to say something but his face morphed into concern when he saw the dark circles under Betty's eyes. "Betts, did you get any sleep?" He asked, as he brought his fingers to her cheek and stroked it softly. "I'm fine" she dismissed. "Now please take these" she said and handed him the pills. He did as she said and then held his arms out for her. "No you're in pain" she said. "Babe, I'm fine, I'm not even sore" he smiled. She reluctantly cuddled into his arms. "Now tell me why you didn't sleep" he said softly. "I.. okay fine.. I googled concussions and it scared but so stayed up most of the night, making sure you were okay..." she admitted. She heard him sigh and then he lifted her chin with his fingers. "I know I scared you yesterday, but I'm completely okay. I need you to know that" he said. "Okay betts?" He said. "I just worry" she sighed. "I know baby, so do I, but I'm okay" he smiled. "Okay" she said. "Why don't you get some sleep?" He suggested. "Only if you sleep too" she said. "That can be arranged" he laughed and pulled them back down to sleep. Once Betty had fallen asleep, jughead carefully removed himself from Betty and got up. He went into the bathroom and had a shower before going into the kitchen and making some coffee; he figured he'd wait until Betty's was awake for them to have breakfast. He knew Betty was over working herself, a lot had happened, good stuff, obviously with the launch and engagement but she was probably overwhelmed and that's why she was stressing about his concision. He wanted to help her, so he decided he would. He quickly pulled out his phone and made a phone call.

"Hey you" he smiled when Betty came out the bedroom and found him on the couch. "Hey" she smiled. "Feel better?" He asked. "Much better" she said, sitting next to him. "I have something I need to tell you" he said, taking her hand. "What?" She asked. "I booked a session with you therapist" he said and she looked confused. "I know it wasn't my place but betts, you haven't gone in a few weeks and you've had a lot going on" he said. "No you're right, I haven't had a session in a while" she agreed. "Maybe we could go for lunch after?" She smiled and he nodded and grinned, he was glad she wasn't angry. "I think that's a great idea" he said. "What time is the appointment?" She asked. "12" he told her. "Okay I better have my shower" she said. "Join me?" She smirked and he stood up, ignoring the fact he had his shower earlier, and pulled Into the bathroom....

After Betty's session with her therapist, jughead had waited for her and they decided to grab some lunch. The went to a new restaurant that had recently opened up. "Are you sure you want to go here? You'll probably get recognised" he said, wanting her to be completely comfortable. "It's okay juggie" she smiled. "I used to go to restaurants all the time and I don't mind taking pictures with fans, I only mind when I have bad anxiety" she added. "Okay, if you're sure" he smiled and they walked into the restaurant. After sitting down and ordering food, Betty could see a few people recognising her but luckily they just smiled and didn't come over. "So I think this is my new favourite restaurant" jughead moaned as he stuffed his face with a burger. "What about Martha's?" Betty giggled. "That's not a restaurant that's a cafe!" He smirked. "So what shall we do after this?" He asked. "Well I think we should get back to the wedding planning" she said. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes! I can't wait to be your wife so we need to get planning" she grinned.

After lunch this couple made their way back to their apartment and started on some more wedding planning. "I'm going to be honest with you betts.." jughead started as betty was sat on his lap, on the laptop as they looked at wedding stuff. "I'm most excited for the cake tasting" he smirked and she burst out laughing. "Of course you are" she smiled. "So shall we book the cake testing?" Jug asked her. "Yeah I'll call the place now" she said and started to get up off his lap. "Not so fast" he stopped her. "I would like a kiss before you leave" he smirked. She playfully rolled her eyes and pecked his lips. "I love you" he smiled. "I love you too, you dork" she giggled.