Chapter 16

When they got back to Betty's apartment, Betty instantly flopped onto the couch. Jughead just laughed at her. "Comfy there?" He joked. "Yes I am. I'm so relaxed I can't move" she said with a pout and it caused jughead to laugh even more. "Don't just Stand there and laugh at me... come here" she said and held her arms out for him. He did as he was told and sat on the couch where she crawled under his arms and held hugged him while he played with her hair. "This is nice" she sighed contently. "Yeah it is" he agreed and kissed the top of her head. Betty was so sleepy and jughead playing with her hair wasn't helping and she fell asleep.

An hour later she woke up and found she was still lying on jughead while he was scrolling on his phone. "Hey sleepyhead" he grinned down at her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes and looked at him. "Sorry for falling asleep" she apologised. "It's okay, you needed rest" he smiled and laced their fingers together. "Do you want some dinner?" He asked. "I could make us something?" He added and she nodded "You cook?" She said with a smirk. "hey! I can make a few dishes" he laughed causing her to giggle and he couldn't help but kiss her. "What was that for?" She asked when they pulled away, breathlessly. "You're cute" he shrugged and pulled her up to the kitchen.

They made pasta and sat at the table to eat it. When they were done they were still sat at the table talking when Betty said "Jug?. "Yeah?" He said. "Erm... what are we?" She said shyly, Causing him to smile. "Well what would you like us to be betts" he said taking her hands over the table. Betty looked at him and he could tell she was shy and didn't want to say anything so he continued "because I really want you to my girlfriend" he said and watched as her eyes lit up. "Really?!" She said with big hopeful eyes. "Really betts" he grinned and she squeezed his hands. "You really want to be my boyfriend?" She said and jughead stood up and walked around to her chair and crouched in front of her. "Betty Cooper it would be an honour to be your boyfriend" he said and she leaped into his arms causing him to fall back on the floor while she hugged him and then pulled him in for a heated kiss. "Wow!" He breathed when they pulled away. "I can't believe we're dating!" She said excitedly and he just laughed and helped her up off the floor.

Hours later they were sat on the couch, cuddled up when jughead noticed it was dark outside. "I really should be getting home betts" he said and she groaned. "No" she said and he sat up which meant she had to as well. "It's already dark babe" he said and stroked her cheek. "Babe?" She said. "I like it" he shrugged. "Me too" she smiled and pecked his lips. "But now that you're my boyfriend... can't you stay here?" She asked quietly looking at her hands. "Is that what you want?" He said, lifting her chin with his fingers so that he could look at her. "Yes" she nodded. "Then Okay. I'd love to stay" he smiled and she hugged him again.

Eventually they decided to move from the couch. "Kevin left some sweatpants you can borrow" she smiled. "Thanks" he said. "You can have a shower first" she said and he kissed her softly on the way to the bathroom. When he was finished, he put on the sweatpants and was bare chested; he went back into her bedroom to find Betty sat on the bed, biting her lip and looking unsure. "You Okay?" He said. "Erm.." she said and jug crouched in front of her and room her hand. "What is it? Are we moving to fast?" He said. "No! No no" she quickly reassured. "I want this... so much" she said. "It's just... my pyjamas have Care Bears on and they're not sexy and I... I don't want to disappoint you" she sighed. "Betts. Look at me" he said and when she did he kissed her. "I don't care what you wear or what you look like or what you think you need to look like. I like you okay?" He started. "I can promise you I'll find you sexy and attractive in anything you wear, you could wear the ugliest unicorn onesie and i would still get flustered because you're drop dead gorgeous" he said. "Okay?" He said and she nodded. "Good. I just want you to feel comfortable... now go and get ready for bed" he said gently and she kissed him again "thank you" she smiled and left for the bathroom.

When she came back out, her face was free of any makeup and her hair was brushed and fell softly over her shoulders and jughead loved seeing her like this. He was already in bed, sat up against her pillows and he loved how big and warm her bed was. He smiled at her and pulled the covers open for her, stretching an arm out of her "come on beautiful, before I get cold" he smiled. Betty just grinned at him and climbed into bed, switching off the lamp and cuddling up to him. He tilted his head down to kiss her before they settled down to sleep, his arm around her playing with her hair which he now knows makes her sleepy, and her head on his chest, tracing circles on his bare stomach. "Good night betts" he said kissing her head. "Night night juggie" she mumbled sleepily. After a Moment of silence where you could only hear their steady breaths jughead said "by the way betts... you wearing them care bear pyjamas... is the cutest damn thing I've ever seen" and her laughter was the last thing he remembered before falling asleep.