Chapter 122

Negative.

The test was negative. She wasn't pregnant. They were both silent for a moment before jughead grabbed her hand. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I...yeah" she whispered but jughead didn't buy it, he pulled her into his arms and Betty instantly broke down into sobs. Jughead just held her as she cried. "Shhh baby, shhh" he comforted. Jughead picked her up and carried her to their bedroom, laying them both down. Betty just cried into jugheads chest as he kept his arms tight around her. They didn't know how much time had passed, but after a while betty calmed down and sat up. "Are you okay?" Jug asked, sitting up with her so they were face to face. "I don't know" she said, honestly. "I... it's weird because we weren't expecting this" she sniffed. "I mean, we've never really spoken about kids and then this happened" she started. "And.. and I was so scared and confused but I think... I think a part of me wanted this" she cried. "I know baby, I feel the same" jug said. "You do?" Betty asked and he nodded. "Yeah, I know we've never really spoken about having a baby, but I married you because I love you and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you" he said. "And that means starting a family with you" he exclaimed. "You want all that?" She asked. "More than anything" he said, seriously and Betty collapsed into his chest again. "How can I be so sad over something I never had?" She asked him and that broke Jugheads heart. He felt tears stinging his eyes and be buried his face in her hair. "I know this hurts betts, but we'll get through it" he told her. "I don't know how to feel" she told him. "That's okay honey, you're allowed to feel however, but I'm with you through all of this" he said, softly. "I'm always with you".

A couple of hours later and the sun had gone down and New York was lit up in the night sky. Betty was sleeping in their bed, and jughead was laying next to her, stroking her hair. It had taken her a while to get to sleep after everything, but she'd been sleeping for a while, jughead just didn't want to leave her. He hated that she was so upset, but so was he. He hadn't been expecting that this would happen, so just like Betty, he wasn't really sure how to feel. After a while of just watching Betty sleep, he pressed a kiss to her head and quietly slipped out of bed. First, he made coffee to wake himself up a little bit and maybe make his head a little clearer, then he headed out onto the balcony, taking the opportunity to sit and collect his thoughts. He didn't know how long he'd been out there, but eventually he heard the doors open and Betty walked out, blanket in hand, and she sat down in between his legs, and threw the blanket over them, jughead automatically wrapped his arms around her as she got comfortable. "How long have you been out here for?" She asked him, breaking the comfortable silence. "I'm not sure" jughead answered, he looked over at his coffee cup and noticed that I was cold. "A while" he added. "Are you okay?" She asked. "Yeah... im Just thinking" he told her. "About what?" Betty asked. "The future" he said and pulled her closer. "I was thinking that even though we never talked about it, and it would of been a shock, I would have been really happy if the test came out positive" he admitted. Betty was quiet and jughead waited for an answer, until she finally said "me too".