Chapter 102

They had two weeks left til their wedding. Two weeks until they started the next chapters of their lives together. Everything had basically been planned, the only thing left to do was the seating arrangements and the decorations but that couldn't be done until they had access to the venue, which they didn't have for another week.

They were currently sat in the meeting room, having a meeting with the whole crew. "So Betty, I've booked on good morning LA" Cheryl said. Good morning LA was a morning talk show. "They want to talk about your book, your upcoming wedding..." Cheryl trailed off. "Also, they want to talk about your break from modelling" Cheryl explained. "That's okay" Betty smiled. "I don't mind talking about it, I just obviously won't go into the personal reasons" Betty said. "Okay that's great" Cheryl grinned. "It's in two days so we all need to fly to LA tomorrow" Cheryl said. "I'll send you all the flight information" she added. "Are you sure you're okay to talk about taking a break from modelling?" Jughead asked her, making sure that she was comfortable. "I'm fine babe" she assured. "Okay, I'll let you all go then" Cheryl said and the meeting was over. "So now we need to pack" jughead laughed when they were back in the car.

Time skip, the next day:

"OVER HERE!" ELIZABETH!" "CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT YOUR WEDDING?!" "WHY HAVE YOU STOPPED MODELLING?!" "BETTY!" . They had just landed in LA, and the reporters and paparazzi were swarmed outside the hotel they were staying in. "Please stand back" Reggie said as he guided Betty through the paps. "Sir! Stand back!" Archie said, flagging Betty from behind. "God! How did they even know where we were staying?" Kevin said as they all stood in the lobby of the hotel. "I have no idea" Cheryl sighed. They normally would have stayed at bettys LA apartment but they were only in LA for a night so they didn't see the point. "I'll go and get our rooms" Cheryl Said, walking to reception; when she came back, she handed everyone their room keys. Veronica, Val and Josie were the first ones to go to their rooms, as they had all the glam equipment they wanted to get ready. "Come on juggie lets go to our room" Betty said, pulling the suitcase. "I've got it baby" he smiled, taking the case off her and placing a hand on her back and leading her to their room.

"Are you Okay with all the paps outside?" Jughead asked Betty as she was laying on the bed, scrolling through her phone. "Yeah, I mean it's annoying but it's just one night" she shrugged. "Have you decided what you're going to say tomorrow on the talk show?" Jug asked, coming to sit next to her. "I'll just answer honestly, and say i just needed a break. I've been doing this since I was like 18, and haven't stopped" she said. "Just remember, you don't have to answer anything you don't want to" he said, putting his arm around her. "I know". "I love you" she grinned up at him. "I love you too" he smiled, leaning down and kissing her softly. "Shall we order room service? I'm hungry and don't want to go outside with all the press" he said. "Yeah let's do it!" She agreed.

The next morning, Betty was sat in glam, eating a fruit salad as the girls got her ready. "Betty I need to do your makeup" Josie laughed as Betty took a bite of watermelon. "Okay" Betty giggled. "Juggie!" Betty called and jughead walked in. "Can you take this please, I'll have it later" she smiled and handed him her bowl. "Of course honey" he said. "You look beautiful" he smiled. "I haven't even got my makeup on" she laughed. "You always look beautiful" he smirked before leaving the room. "You're a cheesy man jughead Jones!" She yelled after him. "Only for you!" She heard him say. "Where can I find a jughead?" Val sighed and Betty giggled. Half an hour later, Betty was finished in glam and Veronica had dressed her, in a red dress. "You look amazing" jughead smiled when he walked into the room Betty was in. "Thank you" Betty blushed. "Okay Betty, we're ready to leave now"  Cheryl announced. Jughead, Betty, Kevin, Cheryl, Archie and Reggie were the only ones who were heading to the morning show; they all got into a car and they were driven to the studio.

"Okay and you're on in 5!" One of the producers told Betty. Betty Took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves. "It's all going to be okay. You are going to smash it" jug encouraged, holding her hands. "I love you" she said, kissing him quickly. "I love you too" he smiled. Just then, Betty got called on and the others waited in a green room, watching her on the screen. Betty's set was going well, they were asking normal questions about her book, even some about the wedding. "So, I'm sure everyone's heard by now, that you've stopped modelling" the host started and Betty's crew held their breath as they watched Betty stiffen slightly. "Can you tell us anything else about that?" The host asked. "Well for starters, I haven't stopped modelling I'm just taking a break" Betty smiled. "Why is that?" He asked. "Well I've been really busy this past year, and I hadn't really stopped working, but I have some other projects that I want to focus on" Betty explained, not going into too much detail. "And it's not to do with the hate you get? About your body?" He asked and Betty frowned. "What do you mean?" She questioned. "People in the media who criticise you? Or drag you down? Are you taking a break because you agree? Or you want to change your image?" He asked and Betty was shocked. Backstage jughead and the others were livid. "What the fuck?!" Kevin yelled. "He can't say that!" Cheryl hissed. Back on the the show, Betty was trying to keep calm. She was going to ignore the comment but she changed her mind. She was a role model and she wasn't going to let anyone body shame her. "I think you're incredibly rude and that was an extremely inappropriate comment" Betty started. "I have taken a break on modelling to focus on other projects I have going on in my career, not because I'm unhappy with my body or because some trolls think that I don't fit the modelling 'criteria'" betty snipped. "However, I suggest that you educated yourself on how to be a decent human being and learn how to have some common sense when interviewing someone" she added. "You don't have any right to Shame someone, or make them feel like they aren't good enough" Betty said. "I think we're done here" she said and got up, leaving the set and heading back stage, leaving a shocked and guilty looking show host, still sat on live TV.

"Oh my god! That was amazing!" Kevin squealed when she walked back into the green room. "I'm so proud of you baby" jug smiled, wrapping her up in his arms and kissing her. "That man was a pig, I'll be talking to his bosses as soon as possible" Cheryl spoke. "But you handled that well" she grinned. "Yeah! Badass!" Reggie said. "Did you see his face?" Archie laughed. "You're trending on Twitter! People love you!" Kevin said, showing Betty his phone, Betty just giggled and leaned have against jughead. "Lets go home guys" jughead said. "This badass needs a rest" he smirked at Betty.

{should I skip to all the wedding bits and the wedding? 💗}