Chapter 5

The next day jughead arrived at the small cafè that Betty had told him to meet her. She was right, it was tucked away down some ally in new York and you'd never know that it wasn't there unless you were told. He understands why she wants to meet there, no one would recognise he. When he opened the door he spotted he straight away, she was wearing a causal black dress with long little sleeves and some black boots, her hair was down and she had a tanned coat thrown over the chair she was sitting on. He also noticed she had a laptop in front of her. Walking over, she instantly spotted him. "Jug! Hi" she beamed. "Hey Betty" he smiled. "Sit, sit. Do you want a coffee?" She asked and he nodded. Betty called over an old woman. "Jug, this is Martha, Martha this is Jughead Jones" Betty introduced them. "Hello dear, can I get you anything?" Martha smiled. "I'll have a black coffee please" jug smiled. "And for you betty?" Martha said. "A vanilla latte please" Betty said. "So how are you?" Betty said turning her attention to jughead. "I'm good how are you?" He said. They fell into easy and comfortable conversation.

Many coffees later Betty announced she had a meeting and had to leave. "Can I have your number?" She asked and he nodded and wrote it in his phone. "I'll be in touch! Also your photos are amazing you're so talented" She said. "Thank you Betty" he said. "Oh And don't worry about the coffee it's on me!" She grinned and was out the door. Jughead just chuckled to himself, she was really something else. "You know she seems to really like you" Martha said, making him jump. "What? Oh no... we're just.. friends" jughead said. "That's wha I used to say about my husband" Martha smirked.

Later on that night when jughead was sat on his couch his phone buzzed:

Unknown: Hey. It's Betty
Jug: hey Betty
Betty: thanks for meeting me today, I had a really Nice time.
Jug: me too. We could always do it again?
Betty: i would love to!☺️
Jug: let me know when you're free and I'll be there.
Betty: sure juggie
Jug: juggie?
Betty: I like it😊
Jug: Okay then... Betts