Chapter 8

"So where shall we eat?" Jughead asked as they hit the streets. "I don't mind, why don't we just walk until we find somewhere?" She suggested and he nodded. They walked side by side and made small conversation as they walked through the streets of L.A. "So how often are you in LA?" He asked. "Probably every two weeks or something like that, I have an apartment here for when I stay longer than a few days though" she said. They ended up in a small café, that was empty apart from the staff. They sat at the back and ordered their food. Betty ordered a chicken salad box and jughead a meat sub. "I like it in here, it's so quiet" Betty said, breaking the comfortable silence. "It's so nice to find places like this... I hate it sometimes that I get recognised everywhere" she added quietly, causing jughead to look up at her. "I bet that sucks?" He said. "Yeah..." she sighed. "I love my job and I love all the opportunities it's offered me and I wouldn't change anything but sometimes I wish I could go out normal, this is the first time in a long time I feel a little at peace" she said. Jughead didn't know what to say, he felt bad for the woman sat in front of him. She was honestly one of the most down to earth, beautiful souls he'd ever met and he knew there was more than met the eye.

After they finished eating they both grabbed drinks to go, Betty an iced coffee and jughead a black coffee. "Do you want to talk a stroll along the beach?" She said when they left the café. "Yeah" he agreed. When they got the beach they just talked and talked about everything and anything and they both felt their friendship blossom more and more with every passing moment. Before they made their walk back to the hotel Betty stopped jughead with a hand on his arm and looked up at him. "Thanks for today juggie... thanks for making me feel normal" she smiled. "You're welcome... I had a great time too" he said softly.

The following morning Betty woke up and decided to head to the hotels gym for a morning work out. She put on a matching green gym outfit, grabbed her phone and headphones and left her hotel room. Later on in the day she had a interview for glamour magazine where she would shoot a YouTube video and then she had a panel in the afternoon after lunch talking for glamour WOTY. She did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then she did some weights and after about an hour at the gym she grabbed some water from the vending machine and went back up to her hotel room. As she got up to her floor she bumped into jughead. "Betts! Hey" he smiled. "Good morning jug" she smiled back, she noticed him glance up and down at her outfit before looking back up at her. "Been to the gym?" He guessed and she nodded. "Yep! Thought I'd get a work out in before today's Events" she smiled. "I'm a bit nervous" she added. "You'll smash it betts, I have no doubt about it" he encouraged. "Thanks juggie.. I have to go and get glammed up now but I'll see you later" she smiled and gave him a quick hug. "Bye betts" he said.

After jughead left Betty to get ready he made his way down to the hotels restaurant to grab some breakfast. He grabbed himself a plate and coffee and then spotted some fruit bowls and green tea which he grabbed for Betty; since meeting her he realised she didn't like having a big meal before a shoot of event so probably forgot her breakfast this morning, he'd figured fruit would be a good compromise. Taking the food upstairs he knocked on her door and Veronica opened it. "Hi jughead" she greeted. "Hey" he said as she held the door open for him. He spotted Betty by the window, on her phone. She was wearing a pretty white dress with red flowers on it and her hair and Makeup looked amazing. She noticed his presence and smiled at him "juggie!". "Hey... you look... erm.. you look beautiful" he stammered. Betty giggled lightly. "Thank you jug" she said softly. "Oh! I brought you this" he handed her the fruit and the tea. "Thought you might be hungry and I know you forget to eat so I thought you might like this" he said. He was surprised when Betty wrapped her arms around his neck. "Thank you that's so sweet" she whispered into his neck. He recovered from his surprise and wrapped his arms around her. "Anytime betts".