Chapter 13

The next morning when Betty woke up she felt a pounding in her head from the events of the day before. She checked her phone and saw it was 9am, the others must have let her sleep in she thought. She pulled herself out of bed and went into the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and saw her dark eye bags and pale face. She still had that sinking feeling in her stomach and she knew that her anxiety the day before wasn't a one time thing; she sometimes had periods where he anxiety took over and it lasted a couple of days or a week and she knew that this was one of them times. Sighing, she washed her face and brushed her hair before throwing on some clothes. She had a text from Cheryl saying that everyone was downstairs at breakfast if she wanted to join... she didn't. But she was starving.

When she got down to the breakfast hall she spotted Cheryl, Veronica, Reggie, Archie and jughead sat at a round table. "Hey guys" she said as she sat down. "Hey!" "Morning!" The table greeted with smiles but Betty couldn't find it in her to smile back. After grabbing a small plate with a bit of fruit and a croissant  she sat back down. Everyone around her made conversation when Betty said "what do I have on today Cheryl?". Everyone turned to look at her and Cheryl pulled her phone out to check her schedule. "A magazine interview for a fashion Column and a meeting with a brand about a sponsor" Cheryl said. "Cancel them please" Betty said quietly. Her voice sounded defeated and it clicked in everyone's mind that Betty was struggling that day. "Okay" Cheryl said softly with a smile. "Could you also book me the next flight back to New York? I want to be at home" Betty said and Cheryl nodded. "Of course B" she smiled and Betty got up and left the table. "I thought she'd be okay" Cheryl sighed. "We'll get her through it Cher, we always do" veroncia says.

A couple of hours later everyone was back at the airport. Betty was in leggings and an oversized hoodie with large sunglasses on so the paparazzi pictures won't get anything good. "You doing okay?" Jug said when they got to the VIP lounge. Betty just nodded and he didn't push her to talk. They sat in comfortable silence until the plane arrived. They had the whole of first class to themselves. Jughead sat down in a seat and pulled out his laptop to edit some photos. He was shocked when he felt Betty sit down in the seat next to him. She didn't say anything but gave him a small smile before putting her headphones on and staring out the window.

Halfway through the flight, Betty took out her headphones and pulled her legs up to her chest. She looked over at jughead and saw him editing some street photography he'd took. "That's really good juggie" she said quietly. "Thanks betts" he smiled. He carried on editing and Betty moved closer, leaning her head on his shoulder watching him; she felt him tense up before relaxing and carrying on. After a while he closed his laptop and put it away. "You Okay?" He asked. Her head was still on his shoulder and she just shrugged. "Is there anything I can do?" He said. "Can you just... hold my hand?" She asked and he grinned before lacing their fingers together.

When they landed they all said goodbye and got into different cars to go to their apartments. Betty instantly felt relief flood through her when she made it home. She put her suitcase away and climbed straight into bed and falling asleep. The next time Betty woke up the sun was filtering through her windows and she registered it was too light. Confused, she checked her phone and realised it was 8am, the next day. She was shocked she'd slept for that long. She got up and after a cup of coffee she decided to book an appointment with her therapist to help her feel better. She needed to go back to her work commitments soon so she needed to help her mental health.

Her therapy session helped her a lot more than she expected. She felt a weight lifted off her shoulder and her therapist was a Lovely woman who helps Betty find solutions to her problems to fit around her famous lifestyle. Betty got out of therapy and because it was a nice day she decided to not go straight home and headed to her favourite café that she'd taken jughead too. She sat by the window and ordered an ice coffee. As she was sipping on it she was thinking about the last time she was there with jughead and how Much she already missed spending time with him and it had only been a day. So she text him:

Betty: are you busy? X

Jug: I'm always free for you x

Betty: meet me at our café ? X

Jug: on my way! X

Jughead tried to ignore the way his heart did a somersault when Betty said our café. It had him grinning like an idiot the whole subway ride there. When he got there it was once again she was the only one there and she smiled and waved when she saw him. He beamed at her and ordered a coffee. "Hey you" he smiled. "Hey" she said. "How are you?" He said when he sat down. "I'm okay... I just got back from a therapy session" she admitted, looking down. Jughead grabbed her hands over the table and gave her a smile that warmed her heart. "And how was it?" He asked and he looked at her like he really cares and she realised in that moment how deep she'd already fell for him.