Chapter 76

The wedding planning was in full swing, Betty and Toni, and of course jughead had a list of everything they wanted for the wedding, all the venues and places they wanted to check out. Betty had also been looking at colours so she could pick a theme and transport and cakes and everything you could think of, they had written down all waited to be decided.

Betty and jughead both had a weekend free where they were going to look at venues. "Babe, I've booked a slot at 1pm so we can go and look at the first venue" Betty told jughead. "Okay baby!" He said from he was lounging on the couch. The first venue was a large house/ hotel that had beautiful gardens. "Are you excited?" Jughead asked as he held his arms out for her and she settled on his lap. "So excited, it's going to make it all seem real" she smiled. "Well it is real" he laughed. "I'm just ready to start planning so we can get married, I'm so exited to be Betty Jones" she giggled. "And I can't wait for you to be a Jones" he said and kissed her softly. "You said the booking was at 1?" Jug spoke up. "Yeah" she nodded. "Okay, I have to go and give Sweetpea his jacket back he left it here so I'll take it and shall I meet you at the place?" Jug said. "Okay! I love you" she smiled as he stood up to go. "I love you too" he called back as he left the apartment.

After jughead left, betty had a shower and got dressed and ready to go to the first venue. She was really excited and couldn't keep the smile off her face as she applied her makeup and curled her hair. She decided to drive there herself instead of getting an Uber because she didn't want anyone getting wind of a possible venue, because as soon as the press and media found out, it would all be ruined. When she was ready, she grabbed her coat and bag and left for the garage to get in her car. The drive to the venue was only about twenty five minutes and luckily she made it there with 10 minutes to spare and she stood outside waiting for jughead. She sent him a quick text just letting him know she was there:

Betty: hi! Just got here... waiting outside <3

She put her phone back in her pocket and waited. She seemed to be waiting for a long time and when she checked her phone away she saw it was time for the appointment. Frowning to herself, she walked inside, she didn't want them to miss their slot and she just hoped that jughead was stuck in traffic and he would be there soon. "Hi, I'm Elizabeth Cooper I'm here to look at the venue?" She smiled when she was met with a lady inside. "Yes! Of course! I'm a big fan" the lady grinned. "No fiancé?" She asked. "He was supposed to be here so I think he's running late, but don't worry I'm sure he'll be here soon" Betty said. "Okay then! Shall we start?" The lady asked and Betty nodded.

Betty saw the whole venue, got all the information, took pictures and asked all her questions; but jughead still wasn't there. She thanked the lady and said goodbye, heading back to her car. She was worried; why wasn't jughead there? When she got into her car, she pulled her phone out to check if she had any messages from him; but she didn't. Just as she was about to drive off, her phone rang... it was Sweetpea. Betty frowned and answered it and when he said the next words, her heart stopped. "Betty! You need to come to the hospital. It's jughead!".