Chapter 61

When betty woke up, she turned to look at the clock: 2am. She groaned and sat up, she looked at jughead and noticed he was sweating. She realised that he had a fever and knew she had to wake him up, to try and get the fever down. "Juggie... wake up babe" she said and gently shook him awake. "Jug" she tried again and he woke up. "What?" He said confused. "Urgh! I feel horrible" he groaned. "Yeah that's why I woke you up, you have a fever" she said with a sad smile. "Come on, I'll run you a warm bath and you need more medicine" she told him and moved the curl from his face. "Come on you" she said and helped him up and out the bed. She lead him to the bathroom and he sat on the toilet seat while she ran him a bath and then went to get him some more medicine and a glass of water. "Thank you baby" he said as he sipped the water and took the medicine. "You're welcome" she smiled and when the bath was done he got in. "I'll leave you too it" she said. "Betts?" He called after her. "Yeah?" She said when she turned around. "Thank you" he said and she nodded. "Anytime". When jughead was done in the bath he dried off and put on some clean sweats. "Hey" Betty smiled from the couch when she was spotted him. "Hey" he returned and sat down next to her and laid his head on her lap. She gently started stroking his hair until he fell asleep.

When jughead woke up again he was on the couch and saw Betty asleep next to him. He noticed two things; one he felt a lot better, just a little headache and two; Betty looked feverish and pale. "Oh no..." jug sighed when he realised Betty had now caught whatever he had and his sickness had gone. He looked at the time and saw it was 8am. He let Betty sleep and threw a blanket over her. He made some coffee and sat on the end of the Couch by her feet and watched tv. When Betty woke, she sat with a start and gasped. "You Okay?" Jug asked concerned. "Ewww" she whined. "I'm sick" she sighed and flopped back down on the couch. "I know betts, I'm so sorry" he apologised and rubbed her feet. "It's not your fault... but are you feeling better?" She asked. "Yeah honestly i feel 100% fine" jug said. "Well at least you feel better" she sighed and tried to sit up but felt dizzy and jug helped her to sit up, and put some cushions behind her. "Can I get you anything?" He asked and she shook her head. "No thank you". "I'll get you some medicine" he told her and she groaned. "I know you hate taking medication honey but you need to get better" he said and she gave in.

By lunchtime, Betty was looking and feeling a lot worse. "Juggie... you didn't feel this bad" she whined as Jug tried to cool her down with a wet rag. "I know betts, I know" he soothed, he was worried about her. "Try and sleep betts" he said and pulled the blanket back over her, he kissed her head and she closed her eyes. When he was sure she was asleep, he text Cheryl telling her to cancel her jobs for the next few days and then he got to work on making some chicken soup, so hopefully when she woke up she could get some food in her. Betty slept for a while longer and then woke up and ate the soup that jughead had made her. "Thank you juggie" she said when she was done. "You're welcome" he said. "I think I want a shower" she said and he nodded. "Okay, come on" he said and held out his hand for her. She took his hand and they started walking to the bathroom. Just before they got there, jughead felt Betty's drop on his hand get weaker and he turned around just in time to see her collapse to the floor...