Chapter 57

When they arrived in riverdale they decided to head straight to their hotel. Betty checked them in while jughead grabbed their bags. When they got up to their room they dropped their bags and they both collapsed on the bed. "How does it feel being back here?" Jug turned and asked her. "I don't know.... it's weird... I felt like i was a different person when I was last here" she admitted and he nodded "you were, and it's okay that you've changed, you're amazing betts don't forget that" he said and she smiled and rolled over she was laying on him, she sat up and straddled him. "Show me how amazing I am?" She smirked and he didn't have to be told twice....

Later on when they were laying under the covers together jughead turned to face her. "So baby, why don't you take me to pops? You're always talking about that place" he said and she grinned "yes! We should go for dinner" she beamed and he laughed "I hope it lives up to expectations" he smirked. "Oh it definitely will" she said and jumped out the bed and they both started getting dressed. When they were ready they walked hand in hand down the streets of riverdale, stopping every so often so Betty could point out a building or somewhere she grew up. Jughead was surprised to see that's pops diner was a retro American diner, with the whole neon lights and everything. Betty all but dragged him into the diner and she sighed happily when she heard the familiar bell ring above them. "Well well well, do my eyes deceive me or is that miss Betty cooper?" An elderly gentlemen from behind the counter beamed at them. "Pop! I've missed you!" Betty smiled and hugged then man. "I've missed you too, you're my favourite customer and I'm sorry you're back here under such horrible circumstances " pop said, squeezing her back. "And who's this fine young man?" Pop asked and looked to jughead. "This is my boyfriend, Jughead Jones" Betty smiled and wrapped an arm around jughead. "Nice to meet you" Jug smiled and shook the mans hand. "Nice to meet you too, I'm glad you finally have someone who makes you happy Betty. You deserve it" pop said. "Thank you" Betty said, softly and jughead squeezed her hand. "Now do you want your usual?" Pop asked and jug looked shocked. "You still remember her Order?" He asked and pop laughed "of course, she might have become a celebrity but Betty here sat in my booths every day for about 18 years" pop smiled. "It's true" Betty chirped. "Cheeseburger, Fries and a vanilla milkshake" Betty added. "Well in that case, please may I have the same as betts here but with a chocolate milkshake" jug said and pop nodded. Betty took jugheads hand and lead him a booth. They were cuddled up next to each other. "So how come you were always in here?" Jug asked her and she sighed. "To get away from home mostly. Even throughout childhood my family life was strained so I would escape here and do my homework and pop would keep my in fries and milkshakes" Betty told him. "Well I'm glad you had a safe place" he said and kissed her head. They were interrupted by pop placing their food in front of them. "Thank you" they said and dug in. "Oh my god... Betts this is amazing" jug Moaned after taking a bite of his burger. "I told you" she giggled.

That night when they were back in their hotel room and ready for bed, jughead came out of the bathroom and found Betty sat on the end of the bed, staring into space. He crouched in front of her and held her hands. "Baby? You okay?" He asked and she blinked before her eyes focused on his. "Sorry" she apologised. "Don't be sorry just talk to me honey" he said and placed a hand on her cheek. "I was just thinking about tomorrow" she said. "I just... I don't know if I'm ready for it" she told him. "Okay come here" he said and picked her up, and sat them on the bed, pulling her into his lap. "I know it's going to be hard, and you'll feel overwhelmed or anxious. But I need you to know it's all normal, it's bad enough having to go to your fathers funeral but betts you have troubles with your mother so it makes it extra hard for you" he started. "I need you to know though betts, I'm here for you. I'll be with you the whole time I won't leave your side for a single second" he said and pulled her closer to him. "If you need to leave, we can. If you need to cry, you can. If you need Anything I'll be there betts" he said. "Okay?" He said and she nodded "Okay". She was quiet for a moment until she looked at him. "Promise we can leave if I don't like it?" And her small voice broke his heart. "I promise betts" he said and kissed her again before letting her fall asleep on his chest as he ran his hands up and down her back. He just hoped the next day wouldn't be as bad as they both thought...