Chapter 42

The next morning jughead woke up at 5am. He squinted his eyes and wandered what woke him when he saw Betty sat up at the end of the bed, he head in her knees. "Betts?" He said, softly. She didn't answer and he got concerned; he scooted to the end of the bed and placed a hand on her back, that's when he noticed her pale face and her breathing was erratic. "Baby? What's going on?" He asked, growing more concerned. "P..panic... a..a..attack" she stuttered out and jughead instantly snapped into action. "Okay.. Deep breaths baby... okay? In and out like we always do" he said and breathed in and out so she could copy him. He waited until her breathing evened out and then he asked "Can I hug you?". She nodded and he pulled her into his lap and rubbed her back "What happened betts?" He asked. "I woke up feeling anxious and it was dark and it was too much" she sniffed. "Okay... shh I've got you" he comforted. "You're too anxious to go back to sleep. Let's go and make some tea and sit on the balcony, we can watch the sunrise" he suggested and stood up with her still in his arms.

He went onto the balcony, holding two cups of tea. Betty was sat on the outdoor love seat that she had. "Here you go betts" he said softly and she gave him a small smile as he handed her the cup. He sat down next to her and wrapped a blanket around them. "Thank you juggie" Betty said after a while. "For What Baby?" He asked. "For this. For everything" she started. "I don't know anyone else who would do this. Sometimes I feel like you must get sick of me. I'm like a big anxious ball and that can't be fun for you, but here you are at 5am making me tea" she said and wiped a few tears that fell. "Betts?" He said and she looked at him. "I love you. So so so much! I could never get sick of you so please don't think you're a Burden for me, you have anxiety baby you can't help that but I'm happy to be able to help you even if it's a little bit" he said "even if it's only sitting with you at 5am" he added and placed their cups on the Floor and hugged her close to his chest. "I love you too" she whispered.

They watched the sunrise until they decided to head back into the apartment. "Do you want to try and sleep for a bit?" He asked and she nodded. "Yes please". "Come on then... climb in" he smiled and opened up his arms for her. "Should we set an alarm? It's your dad and jellybeans last day with us?" She said as she closed her eyes. "Don't worry about it betts, you just sleep" he said and that was the last thing she heard before she fell asleep. Jughead stayed away for a little bit, just stroking her hair and holding her tight so she could sleep feeling safe and loved.

{ comment suggestions for what you want to see in this book 💗}