Chapter 87

"So do you feel better now?" Jughead asked when they were in bed that night. "Yeah I do... but, I don't know it's like I do forgive her but I think it's still going to take me some time" she sighed, snuggling closer onto his arms. "That's okay" he said. "You can take all the time you want" he added. "I just... I don't think I can just go back to being like really close again, you know?" She said and he nodded. "Yeah I get it baby, it hurt you a lot and it will take time to really get over that" he said. "Thank you for being so understanding" she said, softly. "Of course, I'm just practicing my husband duties" he smirked and she giggled. "Husband..." she sighed happily. "I like the sound of that".

The next morning jughead woke up without Betty in the bed next to him. He got out of bed and walked into the kitchen to and saw her, making coffee. "Hey baby" he smiled, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "Good morning" she smiled, sighing happily as she leant back against his chest. "What are you doing up?" He asked, placing kisses along her shoulders. "Polly text me" she said. "She asked if I wanted to meet the twins today" she told him. "Are you going to?" He asked. "Yeah... I want to see them" she said. "Are you going to invite them over?" He said and she nodded. "Yeah I don't want to do that kind of thing in public" Betty said. "Do you want me here for it?" He asked. "Because I have a work meeting but I can cancel?" He added. "No jug, you can't cancel on work" she said, hopping onto the counter. "I'll be okay" she smiled. "Okay, but I'll come straight home if you need me" he smiled, kissing her softly. "Shall we head out for breakfast?" He suggested. "Yeah, that sounds lovely" she said. "Let's get dressed then" he said and before she could get down, he picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, carrying her to the bedroom, grinning at the sound of her giggles.

"Juniper! Dagwood! Would you like a cookie?" Betty asked softly. Polly and the twins had been at Betty and jugheads apartment for about an hour and Betty was loving being an auntie. Her and Polly had fallen back into conversation like it was old times, catching each other up with everything they'd missed in the last three years. "Yes please auntie Betty!" The twins chorused and Betty handed them both a cookie each. Just then the door to the apartment opened and jughead walked in. He stopped and smiled when saw the pure joy on Betty's face. "Hi" Betty grinned. "Hi babe! Hey polly" he waved. "Hey" polly smiled. "and who are these cuties?" Jughead smiled, crouching down on the floor next to where Betty was playing with the twins. "Juggie... this is juniper and Dagwood" Betty smiled and jughead waved and smiled at the kids. "June, dag... this is your uncle juggie" Betty beamed. "Hi!" The twins giggled. "Nice to meet you" Jug laughed. "How are you baby?" Jug whispered to Betty as he leaned over and kissed her hello. "I'm good" she smiled and he nodded. "That's good" he said. "So how are you polly?" Jughead asked, wanting to get to know his future sister in law. "I'm okay thank you... so Betty tells me you're a photographer? I saw your pictures in the book they're really good!" Polly started and Betty's heart fluttered at the sight of her fiancé and sister getting along.

After Polly and the twins left Betty and jughead sat on the couch, cuddled into each other. "I had a good day today" she smiled. "Me too" he said. "I'm glad everything is working out" she smiled. "I like seeing you happy" Jug told her, kissing her head. "You make me happy" she said. "And I think we should set our wedding date" she told him, sitting to and facing him. "Really?" He smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Really" she grinned. "I really, really want to be your wife" she beamed.