Chapter 123

The next day, Betty and jughead were still sad and their moods reflected that. They were currently all in a meeting with everyone, including Sweetpea, Fangs and Toni. Everyone could tell there was something wrong but nobody mentioned it. "Okay! So obviously we now have two businesses to discuss" Cheryl started and began to talk but Betty wasn't listening, and had zoned out and all she could think about was the negative pregnancy test from the day before. Betty was broken out of her thoughts by Cheryl. "Betty? Betty are you even listening to me?" Cheryl asked but Betty just stared at her with a blank expression. "Baby" jug said, softly. "It's okay" he said and watched as a tear fell down her face. "B? Are you okay?" Kevin asked, as everyone watched with concern. "Sorry..I need some air!" Betty stammered and stood up, racing out the room. "I'll go" jug said and followed after her.

He found Betty down the hall, on the floor with her head in her hands. "Baby, I've got you" he said, pulling her into his arms. "I'm sorry" she sniffed. "Don't ever apologise, not about this" he said, looking her in the eyes. "I... I hate that we're hiding it from the others" she admitted. "Do you want to tell them?" He asked and she nodded. "They're our family and this sad feeling might last a while... I think they should know" she said and he nodded, agreeing with her. "Okay, how about This, you head to the Bathrooms and freshen up and I'll go in and tell them?" He suggested and betty nodded. "I love you" she said. "I love you too" jug said as he hauled her up and kissed her. He watched as she made her way to the bathrooms, before taking a deep breath and heading back into the meeting room. "Is she okay?" "What happened?" "Wheres Betty?" The others instantly burst into questions as he shut the door behind him. "Guys chill" he said. "Betts is in the bathroom but before she comes back I need to tell you something" he said and the others all nodded, going quiet as they waited for him to speak. "Okay..." he sighed. "Yesterday was a rough day for us, as you know Betty wasn't feeling good, and when I was out on my shoot, she came to the realisation that she thinks she might be pregnant" he exclaimed and the others gasped. "So I got her a test but it came out negative" he said and the others all looked at him with wide eyes. "Jug man... we're so sorry" Archie said. "No it's okay, really" jughead reassured. "We weren't trying to have a baby or anything, we haven't really spoke about it before" he started. "But... when it came out negative a part of me and betts were really sad because we would have been happy for it to be positive" he explained and everyone nodded, in understanding. "But Betty's taking it pretty hard because even though it wasn't planned, she wanted it so she doesn't really know how to feel or deal with all these new emotions she's feeling" jughead said. "God... I'm so sorry jug" Toni said. "If you or Betty need anything, let us know okay?" Veronica spoke up. "Thanks guys, we just wanted to tell you because you're family" jug said, and everyone smiled. Just then Betty walked back in, looking a lot better. "I take it you all know?" She asked, as she tucked herself into jugheads side. "Yeah" Reggie nodded. "We're sorry B" Kevin said and hugged her. "It's okay" Betty said, softly. "Do you want to carry on this meeting?" Cheryl asked and Betty nodded. "Yeah" she said. "We've got you girl" Josie smiled. "Thank you. I love you all" Betty smiled and the others all grinned. "We love you too" Kevin said.

That afternoon, when Betty and jughead got home, Betty headed straight to the kitchen to make some lunch. "Baby?" Jug said coming up behind her, and wrapping his arms around her. "Mmm?" She said. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Making lunch" she said, shortly, not even turning to look at him. Jughead picked up on her mood but didn't say anything. "You don't have to do that, we can order in" he suggested and she spun around and glared at him. "Oh yeah! Let's just order in some food, with loads of calories! That will just make me even more fat, as I would be if I was pregnant!" She snapped and stormed out the kitchen and into their bedroom, slamming the door behind her. Jughead watched her with wide eyes, he knew she was hurting, but he didn't think she'd be this angry. He thought about going after her but they'd been together ever since she'd taken the pregnancy test, so he thought he'd give her some space. Instead, he went into his office to edit some photos, hoping he could channel his own hurt into something more creative, or at least take his mind of everything for a while.

About an hour later, jughead was still in his office, when the door opened and Betty walked in. Her hair was a mess and her face was red and puffy, but she was wearing his hoodie and was carrying a plate in her hand. Jughead looked up at her and she came in and handed him a plate that had a cupcake on it. "What's this?" Jughead asked, curiously. "It's an I'm sorry cupcake" Betty said sheepishly as he took the plate off her. "Why?" Jug questioned and Betty sighed. "Because I shouldn't have snapped at you. I know I'm confused and upset but you're feeling the same and I need to remember that" she started, wringing her hands together. "I'm really sorry juggie" she whispered. "Betts..." jug said, standing up and taking her hands, pulling her flush against him. "I told you, you don't have to apologise it's okay" he said, gently. "You didn't deserve me snapping at you, I'm sorry" she said again. "I forgive you" he said, honestly. "Now, how about we split this cupcake and get in bed and watch a movie?" He said, dipping his head and kissing her softly. "That sounds wonderful" she said, a smile finally gracing her lips. "But I ordered a dozen cupcakes so there's no need to split it" she added and jughead laughed, picking her up and carrying her to their room. "That's my girl" he smirked.