Chapter 99

When jughead went to bed that night, Betty was still in bed but he could tell she was awake. "I'm worried about you betts" he sighed, wrapping an arm around her waist. Betty didn't say anything just shuffled closer to him. "Please betts..." he begged, becoming more concerned the longer she was quiet. He ended up giving up and just watching her sleep. His phone buzzed on the side and he reached for it, seeing a message from Cheryl:

Cheryl: we have a whole crew meeting tomorrow morning at 10. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Jughead said they'd be there before putting his phone back and holding Betty, falling asleep.

When he woke up the next morning, Betty wasn't in the bed next to him. He checked the time: 9am. He got out of bed and walked into the living Room where he saw Betty sat on the couch, staring into space. "Morning babe" he said, testing the waters. "Morning" she mumbled. "Where's dad and jelly?" He asked, noticing the lack of his sister and dad. "Oh, your dad took jellybean out for breakfast, he wanted to walk around" she said and he nodded. "Want a coffee? Tea?" He asked. "No thank you" she said. "Breakfast?" He tried again and she shook her head. "You need to eat Betty" he said, sternly. "You didn't have anything yesterday either" he added. "Just leave it Jug!" She said and got up, walking away.

By the time Betty and jughead got to the office for the meeting everyone was already there. "Hey" Everyone said as they sat down. It was silent for a moment until Cheryl cleared her throat. "So... Betty" she started and Betty looked up. "We need to talk about what's happening" she said. "What do you mean?" Betty Said. "Betty. You quit a photoshoot with a major brand,without telling us why, and then left to go home" Cheryl Said. "And you've been so sad since you got home, and you won't eat and are hardly talking" jughead added. "What's wrong B?" Kevin said, everyone looking over at Betty with concern in their eyes. "Nothing..." Betty mumbled. "Yeah, we aren't buying it" Reggie said. "Why did you want to quit that shoot?" Veronica asked and Betty finally snapped. "Because! They were horrible!" She hissed. "What do you mean?" Archie asked. "They told me okay? They told me that I'm too fat to be a model and that I shouldn't eat because it would make their job of photoshopping me skinnier, harder!" She yelled, standing up. "So i left! Because they're right! I'm not a skinny or as pretty as the other models and I... I hate myself!" She sobbed, collapsing back onto her chair. Everyone looked at her in shock before jughead wrapped her up in his arms, holding her as she let all her feelings out.

After a while, Betty had calmed down and they were all sat back around the table. "I'm going to call that brand straight after this meeting and tell them exactly how I feel about them! They can't say that!" Cheryl Said, disgust lacing her tone. "It's fine" Betty shrugged. "Not it's not baby, and none of what they said is true" jughead said. Just then an assistant who works at the office brought it coffees and doughnuts, leaving them on the table and everyone grabbed one, everyone but Betty. "These are your favourite B" Kevin said, handing her one but Betty didn't take it. "I don't want that" Betty said. "Why?" Archie asked. "BECAUSE IT WILL JUST MAKE ME FATTER!" She screamed before storming out. Jughead got up to go after her but Kevin stopped him. "Let her cool off for a moment" he said and jughead sighed, slouching back in his seat. "I think those comments might have triggered her eating disorder again" Kevin said seriously. "Me too, she hasn't eaten in two days" jughead said. "Okay, So we need to get her to see her therapist. Today." Kevin said. "Then we just have to support her" he added and everyone agreed. When Betty came back into the meeting room, she was calmer and sat down. Jughead took her hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

They had called Betty's therapist, and she had Come to the office to have a session with betty right away. It lasted almost two hours, and the others waited for her, wanting her to knew she was supported. After Betty was done, she went back to the others. "I'm going to have a session twice a week" she told them. "That's great baby" jug smiled, pulling her into his arms. "I'm sorry for scaring you all" she said. "Don't apologise, ever. We just love you betts, we want you to be okay" Jug said, everyone else agreeing. "Thank you" Betty said. "Also there's something else I wanted to talk about" Betty said. "I want to stop modelling".