Chapter 43

When jughead woke up a few hours later, Betty was snoring softly next to her. He kissed her hair softly, trying not to wake her and slipped out of the bed. He shut the bedroom door behind him and went into the kitchen. He was surprised to see both his dad and his sister sat on the couch watching tv. "Hey guys" he said as he moved over to the coffee machine to pour some. "So what shall we do today?" Jug asked as he joined them on the couch. "Well we're leaving at 4 so we have most of the day" FP said. "We could go out for breakfast and then you can look around and see what you want to do?" Jug suggested and they nodded. "Is Betty not awake?" Jellybean asked. "No not yet, Erm she didn't sleep well last night and doesn't really feel well" Jug said, not wanting to tell them about Betty's anxiety as it was Betty's Story to tell. "Oh no I hope she feels better" jelly said with a smile. "How about we all go and get dressed and then we'll go out for breakfast?" Jug said and they all went to get ready.

After Jug got showered and dressed and walked Back into the bedroom he saw Betty sat up in bed on her phone. "Hey you" he smiled and sat on the end of the bed next to her. "Hey" she smiled. "How you feeling?" He asked. "A lot better actually, just a bit drained" she told him. "I'm going to take dad and jelly for breakfast, then we will decide what we want to do" he said "I told them you weren't feeling well" he added and she smiled, playing with his fingers. "Thank you" she said. "Maybe after breakfast I could meet you guys somewhere?" She said. "Only if you feel up to it baby" he said. "Will you text me when you're finished and I can see how I feel?" She asked and he nodded "of course betts". "Okay I think I'm going to have a shower and make breakfast then maybe do a workout to de-stress" she exclaimed and sat up more and kissed him softly. "That sounds like a good idea betts".

As she said, Betty had breakfast, ran on the treadmill in the apartment gym and then had a shower and got ready. She text jughead when she was done:

Betty: hey juggie, are you finished with breakfast? <3

His reply came instantly:

Jug: almost babe! Are you going to meet us? <3

Betty: yeah I feel better, where are you? <3

Jug: we just went to that little brunch spot two blocks away <3

Betty: Okay. Be there in 10 <3

By the time Betty got to the brunch place, they were waiting outside. "Hey" she waved. "Hey betty" "hey" "hey babe" they all greeted. Jughead instantly laced their fingers together "so where should we go?" Jug asked. "We could go to the met?" Betty said and jellybean jumped at the offer "yes yes yes! Let's go" she said making the others laugh. When they got to the met, they started walking around. Jellybean and jughead were looking at something and FP took the opportunity to talk to betty. "I'm happy for you two" he said making Betty smile. "You're good for him. You make him happy, I haven't seen him like this in a long time" FP told her. "He makes me happy too, your son in an amazing man, you should be proud" Betty said. "I am, I'm so proud" FP said looking over at his son and daughter. "Jelly loves and well. So do I. I couldn't wish for anyone else for my son Betty" FP said. "Welcome to the family".