Chapter 73

"Okay So I was thinking we should do our engagement shoot today" Jug said, coming up behind where Betty was washing the dishes, and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Sure I don't mind" she smiled. It had been a week since they got engaged, and they had spent it in the apartment, just them two, enjoying the alone time. "Okay great! So I was thinking we could go on a little adventure to the waterfall?" He suggested and she turned in his arms. "That sounds wonderful juggie" she grinned and pecked his lips. "Is there anything you want me to wear?" She asked. "Anything you want to baby, you look beautiful not matter what" he said softly and she smiled. "I'll finish the dishes then I'll start getting ready" she told him. "I'll do it, you go and get ready" he said and kissed her as he gently pushed her in the direction of their bedroom so she could get ready.

"Okay, I have packed us a small picnic, I have my dress in the bag but I'm not hiking in it, hence why I'm wearing this" she said, gesturing to her shorts and hiking boots. "I know we're taking my car, is there Anything else we need? Have you got your camera? And SD cards? And a spare battery?" She listed off and jughead cut her off with a chuckle and two hands on her shoulders. "Woah, slow down betts" he laughed. "We have everything don't worry, Where's all this coming from?" He Asked. "Sorry" she breathed out. "I just want it all to go perfect" she sighed. "And it it will, now let's go" he smiled and took her hand and grabbed their stuff, leading them out the apartment. In the car, they were singing along to the radio and laughing about everything and anything. When they arrived at the start of the trail to the waterfall, they took out all the stuff they needed and started to hike, hand in hand.

"I love it here! It's so pretty" Betty said when they finally made it to the waterfall. "Me too" Jug agreed. "Okay, you can change into your dress now" Jug said. "Okay!" Betty smiled and pulled a pink flowy dress. "Erm... Jug?" Betty said. "Yeah babe?" He said. "Can you like, hold this blanket up... I don't want to be completely exposed" she said. "Of course!" He smiled and held up the blanket while she go changed. After a few moments Betty was done. "Wow. You look beautiful" he exclaimed. "Thank you" she blushed. "Okay So where do you want me?" She asked and jughead snapped into photographer mode. After about half an hour of taking photos they were done. "I think we have some good ones" she praised. "We did. We can look at them when we get home and decide which ones we want to post" he said. "Okay let me get out of this dress and then we can eat the picnic I packed" she said. "Sounds good" he said.

"I think we should head back now" Jug said. They were sat on the blanket, Betty with her head on his chest and they were both watching the waterfall. "I know but it's so peaceful here" she sighed. "We can come back whenever we want honey" he said and stroked the hair from her face. "Okay, let's go then" she said and they sat up, he held a hand out and pulled her up and then they started to pack all their stuff away. "So how long until we have to start working again?" Jug asked, as they got settled in the car. "I'll have to check in with Cheryl but I'm pretty sure I only have a couple of days left" she sighed. "I know it sucks, but we'll take that vacation we spoke about as soon as we have the chance betts" he said, hoping to make her feel a bit better. "So... can we stop at McDonalds or something because I haven't had greasy food in ages and I'm really craving it" she giggled. "Betty cooper you are speaking my language" he laughed and pulled the car in the direction of McDonald's.

When they were home, McDonalds bag in their hands, they sat on the couch eating and going through the photographs that jughead had taken. "Ohh! I love that one!" Betty said as she was eating her chicken nuggets. "Okay, So you can post that one?" Jug said and she nodded. The image she liked was of jughead and Betty holding hands, Betty walking towards the waterfall and the camera was focused on their hands and Betty's ring. "Okay, now we need to chose one for me to post" he said and they started to flick through the other photos. "I really like this one" jug said. The photo was of Betty. She was laughing and hand her hands covering her eyes where you could see the ring. "So have we chosen?" She smiled and cuddled into his side. "I think we have" he smiled. Jughead edited the images slightly and they both opened Instagram, ready to post and let the world know about their engagement. "Ready?" He said. "Ready" she confirmed, and they hit post.