Chapter 34

Jughead decided to go back to his apartment, wanting to give Betty some space. It was almost 10pm and he was sat in his apartment. "Trouble in paradise?" Sweetpea teased. "No... she's just... it doesn't matter" Jug sighed. "Leave him alone man" fangs said to sweetpea. "Sorry dude" Sweetpea put his hands up in surrender. "Where's Toni?" Jug asked. "She's on a date" fangs said and jug nodded. Before he could say anything his phone buzzed:

Kevin: jughead it's Betty... she's bad I don't know what to do.

Jugheads heart was racing as he read the message. What did he mean she was bad? What was wrong? Was she okay? Jug stood up and ran out of his apartment. Running all the way to Betty's.

"Kevin!" Jug yelled. "In the bedroom!" Kevin yelled back and jughead ran to the room. "What's happening?" Jug said when he saw betty sat up in bed sobbing. "I came by to see her and she was just screaming and crying... I managed to calm her down and get her in bed but I don't know what to do" Kevin said looking terrified. "Okay.. I've got this" jug said and Kevin nodded before leaving the bedroom. "Betts?" Jug said softly before sitting next to her on the bed. Betty's head snapped up at the sound of his voice. "Oh my god" she said and jumped into his arms, crying into his chest. "Woah hey baby... what's wrong honey?" He said rubbing her back. "You're here you're here" she kept repeating, confusing jughead even more. "What do you mean? Of course I'm here" he said. He pulled her back to look at her Face and he wiped her tears. "I came back out and you were gone... I thought you'd left me" she sobbed. "Oh baby... no" he said and hugged her tight. "I thought you might want some space. I love you betty I'm never going to leave you" he said. "I love you too" she sniffed. "I'm sorry for earlier I'm just not feeling my best" she said. Jughead moved them so they were laying on the bed, face to face. "It's okay baby, I promise" he said, moving some hair from her face. "I think we should make an appointment with your therapist Betts, you already admit you're struggling so we can get you help" he said gently. "Okay" she sighed. "You're so brave baby, I'll be with you every step of the way. No matter how you're feeling. Just remember I'm never leaving" he said firmly and she nodded. "Thank you juggie" she said and kissed him. "Always". "How about you stay here and get some rest and I'll see Kevin out and then we'll watch a movie?" He said and she nodded and snuggled deeper into the covers and the last thing she felt before falling asleep was his lips on her head.