Chapter 127

"Mom?!"

Jughead couldn't believe his eyes. "Hi jughead..." Gladys said. She hadn't seen her son in years. "W..what are you doing here?" He stammered, not being able to get his words out, he couldn't believe his mother was at his door. Behind him, Betty had stood up from the counter and was watching the scene in front of her. "Please can I come in?" Gladys asked and jughead stepped aside, so she could come in. "Can you excuse us for one second" jug said and grabbed Betty's hand, leading them to their bedroom. "Are you okay?" Betty asked when the door shut behind them. "I..I don't know!" Jug said, running his fingers through his hair. "I haven't seen her in years! She left us, she left me and dad and jelly!" He seethed, still angry after all these years. "I know babe" Betty said, taking his hands. Betty knew about jugheads family situation, jughead had told her about how his mother left them and hadn't been in contact; that's why jughead was so reluctant when Betty wanted to meet his family. "How does she even know where we live!" He asked. Betty could see the distress on jugheads face. "Hey juggie, what do you want to do?" She asked. "I have no problem going out there and telling her to leave if that's what you want?" She asked and jug smiled at her. "I love you" he said softly. "But no... I need to talk to her" he sighed. "Do you want me to be with you?" She asked and he nodded. "Let's go" he said and they walked hand in hand back out to where his mother was standing. When Gladys spotted them she instantly stood up from where she was sat on the couch. "Hi! You must be elizabeth" Gladys and said and Betty hesitantly put her hand out for her to shake. "Just Betty is fine" Betty said with a tight smile. "Erm.. take a seat" jug said, sitting down in a chair as his mother sat back on the couch. "Can I get you a drink?" Betty asked, politely. "No thanks betts" jug said. "I'll take a coffee, if you don't mind?" Gladys said and Betty nodded, walking to the kitchen.

"Why are you here mom?" Jug asked. "And how did you know where I live?" He asked, just then Betty walked back over and handed a mug to Gladys who thanked her. Betty then sat on the arm of jugheads chair, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. "I..i missed you" she said and jughead scoffed. "It's been like five years with no contact, you didn't miss shit!" Jug snapped. "Calm down baby" whispered, squeezing his shoulder. Jug nodded and took a deep breath. "And how did you know how to find me?" He Asked, again. "You're wife is famous, it wasn't that hard" Gladys told him. "I...congratulations by the way, on the wedding" Gladys said. "Betty you seem like a lovely girl, I'm glad my son found someone like you" she smiled, but Betty didn't say anything. "You wouldn't know what Betty's like because you haven't been here! And you don't know what I'm like either!" He yelled. "I know and I'm sorry" Gladys apologised. "Sorry doesn't fix anything!" Jug rolled his eyes. "Not only did you leave me you left jelly and she was way too young to to understand, imagine having to grow up thinking your own mother doesn't want you!" He hissed. "I...can you let me explain?" Gladys asked and jughead didn't say anything, just gestured with his hands for her to continue. "I...i had a problem with drugs and I was hiding that from everyone and then I met someone..." she started but jug cut her off. "So you cheated on dad?!" He yelled and Gladys nodded, looking down at her hands. "Yes... and I let that blind me from what was important, you and your sister" she admitted, ashamed. "We clearly weren't that important to you if you left us!" Jug said, angrily, and stood up, storming out the room and into their bedroom; slamming the door behind him...

Betty waited until the door shut behind jughead to stand up. "I think you should leave" Betty said. "I...I just want to talk to him" Gladys said. "I understand, but jughead is quite clearly not wanting to talk to you right now, so I think it's best if you leave" Betty said. "If you write down your number, I can give it to him?" Betty suggested and Gladys nodded, writing down her number on a piece of paper and handing it to Betty. "Thank you, he's always been hot tempered, takes after his dad" Gladys said as she stood up and was about to leave. "FP Jones is one of the best men I know" Betty said, causing Gladys to turn around. "He's an amazing father and he's raised two wonderful children, you don't have the right to disrespect him" Betty snapped. "You lost that right when you abandoned them!" Betty said, furiously. "Excuse me! who do you think you are? Talking to me like that?" Gladys hissed. "You're in my house! And you're disrespecting my husband and my family!" Betty yelled. "So unless you want me to rip up this number!" Betty said, holding up the piece of paper. "I suggest you get out!" Betty snarled, not expecting the sharp slap that Gladys delivered to her face before leaving...