Chapter 36

A few weeks later and things were finally looking up for Betty. She was in therapy twice a week and she was openly communicating with jughead about how she was feeling so she wasn't bottling things up. Jughead was also in a good place; his work was doing well and he and Betty were in a strong place.

One morning jughead woke up in his apartment, he made coffee and was about to make breakfast when there was a knock on his door and then his friends filed in. "Hey guys" Jug said as fangs, Toni and Sweetpea sat on his couch. "Hey jug" they said. "We were thinking that maybe we could all go out tonight?" Fangs said. "Sure where?" Jug agreed. "I don't mind but we want to meet Betty... like properly" Sweetpea added. "Yeah! I need a female friend" Toni laughed. Jughead nodded "Yeah I'd love that! I'll ask her later when I see her then text you" Jug said, pulling out his phone and shooting at text to Betty:

Jug: good morning beautiful! How are you this morning? <3

After a couple of minutes of talking with his friends his phone buzzed:

Betty: good morning! I'm okay, I didn't have a great sleep though. I've just woken up <3

Jug frowned slightly when he read her message that she hadn't slept well. He instantly knew how to Cheer her up and said goodbye to his friends and left to get some breakfast for them both. He picked up breakfast from some café and made his way to Betty's apartment. "Hey moose" jug waved when he walked in. "Hey man" moose waved. Jug got in the elevator and when he got up to Betty's apartment he knocked on her door. "Juggie!" She smiled when she opened the door. "Hey gorgeous" he grinned and bent down to kiss her softly. "What are you doing here?" She said as she stepped back and let him in. "I brought us breakfast" he said and held up the bag. "Aww thank you" she grinned and kissed his cheek. "Shall we eat on the balcony? It's a nice day today?" She asked and he nodded. "Sure".

"This is lovely, thank you Babe" she smiled when she took a bite of the bagel jug brought her. "You're welcome, I thought it might cheer you up? Why couldn't you sleep betts?" He asked. "I don't know... I was just tossing and turning all night" she sighed. "Do you think there was anything in particular that caused it?" He asked gently. "I think it was maybe because I was missing you?" She started and looked down, embarrassed. "I just mean... I like it better when you're sleeping with me and I don't know I sleep better..." she blushed. "Hey" he said and lifted her head to look at him. "Don't be ashamed, it makes me so happy that you feel like that because I feel that way too" he smiled at her. "How about tonight I stay with you tonight?" He said and she nodded. "I'd really like that" she said and kissed him. "Oh! Before I forget, my friends want to go out tonight and meet you properly and I said I'd ask you" he said. Betty took his hand and squeezed it lightly. "I would love to meet your friends Properly juggie".