•𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10

Hermione and Charlotte landed outside the orphanage and they immediately pulled their hoods up to disguise them as the best they could. Lottie checked the door and thankfully, it was unlocked, so they entered and Charlotte smiled lightly as little kids ran past them, shouting "you can't catch me" playfully.

Charlotte looked around and spotted Mabel tending to a little blonde girl who was crying, Lottie softly grabbed Hermione's arm and pulled her over to Mabel, when they approached her, she did a double take and her eyes widened. She asked quietly.

"What are you doing here, Char? After the stunt you pulled, you along with Harry Potter, your brother and her are wanted."

Charlotte sighed and explained.

"I know, but Mabel, I think I'm pregnant, I need to find out if I am or not.

Her mouth dropped and she sighed before replying.

"Merlin, Char, follow me."

Charlotte nodded and smiled at the little girl who stared at her with watery eyes, as Mabel started to walk towards her office, they began to follow, but when they did, Charlotte felt something wrap around her leg. She looked down in alarm to see the little girl looking up at her with wide teary eyes. Her arms were wrapped around her legs tightly. The girl cutely smiled and greeted her in a soft voice.

"Hi, I'm Alice." (Hi, I'm Dory🥺)

Charlotte smiled politely and greeted her back.

"Hello, little one, I'm Charlotte, and this is Hermione."

The girl looked to Hermione and smiled brightly, she uttered shyly as she looked to the ground.

"Both so pretty."

Charlotte's heart melted at the compliment and she looked at Mabel to see her smiling, she mentally sighed and as an instinct, Lottie picked Alice up and held her on her hip. They continued to follow Mabel and when they got to her office, she reached into her shoe and pulled out a wand. She whispered a spell and the bookshelf in her office moved to reveal a small room, Hermione leaned into Charlotte and asked.

"She's a witch?"

Charlotte nodded her head before adding on.

"She's actually a Tribrid."

Hermione's eyes widened and Lottie turned to Alice as she looked at the bookshelf and room in awe, her mouth hung open, and Charlotte giggled at her reaction and placed her down as she walked into a room. A hospital bed and a machine appeared and Mabel spoke as she saw how confused she was.

"I'm gonna do an ultrasound as sometimes a pregnancy test is not always correct."

Charlotte nodded nervously and got on the bed slowly, she lied down and Hermione came to her side, along with a curious looking Alice. Mabel instructed as she got ready.

"Lift your shirt."

Charlotte nodded and lifted her shirt so her stomach was showing, she shivered as Mabel squeezed the gel onto her stomach, Mabel then used the transducer and Charlotte's breath got caught in her throat when a noise erupted from the computer.

Mabel moved the transducer around and paused when she spotted something, she pointed to the screen and announced.

"Congratulations, you are pregnant, see that blob? That's the baby, and as far as I can tell, you're about 4-5 months along. You won't begin to show just yet." (A/N¹: Pause, again, before you go to complain that Charlotte is pregnant in a war, you might've forgotten that Lily and James had Harry in a war too, so did Lucius and Narcissa with Draco, Molly and Arthur with Ron, etc. Yes, they were older, but still, the amount of comments that were saying for Lottie to kill the baby was absurd. If you don't like that she might be pregnant, then leave, we don't want your presence on this book. Don't bother starting anymore arguments on who's Pro-Choice or Pro-Life, your negative comments will be deleted. It's my book in the first place, so, it's my decision, you have no say in it. Full stop.)