•𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4

Today, Charlotte and everyone else in her class get to see how good of a teacher Moody is. He is the best Auror, but will he be a good teacher? They'll find out when they get to his lesson, which, the group are on their way to right now.

Seamus, Dean and Charlotte linked arms and skipped to the classroom, their friends, who were behind them, was laughing as Seamus tripped up and nearly face planted the floor.

Once they got to the classroom, they had calmed down, entered the room and sat down in the seats. Charlotte sat next to Neville and Moody waited until everyone was sat down before speaking as he wrote his name on the board.

"Alastor Moody."

He turned to the class and continued.

"Ministry malcontent, and your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?"

He didn't even let them put their hands up or speak before continuing.

"When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

Hermione cleared her throat and announced.

"Three, sir."

Moody slightly nodded before gesturing for her to continue.

"And they are so named?"

Hermione replied.

"Because they are unforgivable, use of any one of them will-"

Moody cut her off by explaining as he wrote back on the board.

"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban, correct. Now, the Ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do, I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared. You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk, Mr Finnigan!"

Seamus swore and muttered to Dean.

"Aw, no way. The old codger can see out the back of his head."

Charlotte snorted quietly, but stopped when Moody turned around and threw the chalk at Seamus whilst shouting.

"And hear across the room!"

Seamus ducked in time for the chalk to fly over his head, he scoffed and Moody continued like nothing had happened.

"So, which curse shall we see first? WEASLEY!"

Ron and Lottie asked in unison.

"Yes?"

Moody rolled his eyes as the class chuckled and replied.

"Male Weasley."

Ron sighed and nervously stood up, he responded.

"Well, my dad did tell me about one.. The Imperious Curse."

Moody nodded and stated.

"Ahh, yes. Your father would know all about that, gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows as he opened a jar and reached into it, she didn't see what he got until he moved out the way. Ron squeaked as a spider came into view, Lottie looked at the spider and then at Moody, I really hope he isn't going to do the curse on the spide- ah, he is. Lovely.

He imperioed the spider and made it fly around and placed it on people's faces to freak them out, he then hovered the spider over a bucket of water and spoke.

"Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only do did you-know-who's bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars?"

Charlotte inputted.

"Veritaserum."

Moody turned to Charlotte and asked.

"Pardon?"

Lottie leaned back in her seat and explained as everyone stared at her.

"Well, you asked how you could sort out the liars.. simple, Veritaserum. After all, it is the Truth Potion."

Moody hummed and his mechanical eye shifted away, he continued like Lottie didn't even speak.

"Another one, come on."

He pointed at Neville and uttered.

"Longbottom is it? Up."

Charlotte looked at Neville sceptically as he reluctantly stood up and answered.

"There's the- um, Cruciatus Curse."

Moody nodded and told him to come upfront. Charlotte's heart dropped and wondered. Is Moody really going to make Neville watch a spider get tortured? Of course he is.

He begins to torture the spider and the screeches coming from the spider made Lottie shiver, she looked at Neville to see him looking very pale and he was squeezing his eyes shut as he was shaking tremendously. It was hurting him so bad that Hermione and Charlotte screamed out in unison.

"Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering him, stop it!"

Charlotte stood up abruptly and the chair knocked over behind her, she glared at Moody as Neville began sobbing. She quickly grabbed her and Neville's bags and walked up to the front. Lottie softly grabbed Neville's arm and snapped at Moody.

"You make me sick!"

She dragged Neville out of the room and descended the stairs, she stopped halfway and stood in front of Neville. Charlotte placed her hands on his arms and calmly reassured him.

"It's okay, Neville. We're out of the room. You can't hear the spider anymore."

Neville whimpered and asked.

"Is that what my parents went through?"

Charlotte's heart dropped and she furrowed her eyebrows as she asked.

"Pardon?"

He breathed in heavily and a sob left his mouth, he explained.

"My parents were tortured by Bellatrix Lestrange when I was a baby, did my parents feel what that spider went through?"

A lump got caught in her throat and her eyes started watering. Charlotte cleared her throat and replied softly.

"I'm so sorry, Nevs. I-I didn't know."

Neville shook his head and stated through his sobs.

"I've only told one person and that one person is you, Lottie. I trust you to keep this secret, you're my big sister. Pinkie promise?"

Charlotte swallowed the lump and felt honoured, but she also felt incredibly sorry for him. She smiled lightly and responded as she held out her pinkie.

"I promise that I will keep your secret, Neville. Thank you for trusting me, little brother. Pinkie promise."

They linked their pinkies and he let out a soft chuckle, their wholesome moment ended as classes had ended and students began coming up and down the stairs. Neville avoided eye contact with everyone except from Lottie. Harry, Ron and Hermione came by and asked if Neville was okay. Neville didn't say anything, he just nodded.

Charlotte glared at Moody as he came stumbling down the stairs, he grabbed Neville's shoulder and asked gruffly.

"Son, you alright?"

Neville sighed and nodded, Moody patted his shoulder and muttered.

"Come on, we'll have a cup of tea. I want to show you something."

Charlotte looked at Neville and went to tell him not to, but he shook his head and muttered that it was okay, so Charlotte sighed and reluctantly let him go with Moody. The rest of the group descended the stairs and made their way to the great hall to watch the people put their names in the goblet.