•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 5

Now, they have the lesson that they've been waiting for. Care of Magical Creatures.

The quartet are currently walking over the hill to Hagrid's hut and Charlotte had her arm linked with Ron as they listened to Hermione ranting.

"Death omens, honestly. If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes. That's a fascinating subject."

Ron's eyebrows furrowed and he asked in shock and confusion.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?"

Hermione shrugged and replied nonchalantly which made Charlotte laugh.

"A fair few."

Ron racked through that small brain of his and stated.

"Hang on, Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once!"

Hermione scoffed and replied sassily.

"Don't be silly, how could anyone be in two classes at once?"

She then began to mock Trelawney.

"BrOaDeN youR mInDs."

Charlotte smiled and shook her head at Hermione. They had arrived at the hut and gathered around with the other students as Hagrid spoke.

"C'mon now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh, great lesson comin' up. Follow me."

They followed him to a big space and he continued.

"Gather 'round. Find yerself a spot, that's it. Now, firs' thing, yeh'll want ter do is open yer books-"

He's cut off by Neville getting attacked by his book, the others laugh and point at him as Charlotte placed down her own book and helped Neville close his and got him cleaned up as his robes were ripped and his hair was a mess.

Neville thanked her and followed her like a lost puppy as he was still embarrassed. Charlotte had missed Draco asking Hagrid how to open the book. She, however, saw Hagrid stroke the spine of the book and it calmed down in his hands. Everyone else followed his instructions and successfully opened the books.

Hagrid had walked into the forest to get whatever he was going to show them and Charlotte watched as Draco complained.

"God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes."

Charlotte crossed her arms and rolled her eyes at him. He always has to tell his dad about everything doesn't he? Her eyes then widened as Harry snapped at Draco.

"Shut up, Malfoy!"

He and Draco walked towards each other and Lottie went to stop them when Ron held her back and muttered something about "enjoying the drama".

Lottie sighed and watched them both torment each other, it wasn't until Draco pointed behind Harry and exclaimed whilst staggering back.

"Dementor, Dementor."

Everyone, including Harry and Charlotte shot around in fright, they didn't see any Dementors at all and looked back to Draco to find him and his goons had put their hoods up and "oohed" whilst wiggling their fingers. Charlotte sighed in frustration and walked to Harry and grabbed his arm. She looked at Draco and glared at him, pulling Harry away and waiting for Hagrid to come back.

When he did come back, however, he had brought a beautiful creature which Charlotte knows is a Hippogriff. She stared in awe as Hagrid did the jazz hands and let out a "ta-da". Other students gasped and stared at the animal in fascination.