•𝑺𝑬𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7

Before the Defense Against the Dark Arts class, Charlotte had taken the clothes to her dorm to keep them safe. But now, she's sat next to Seamus and groaned as Lockhart walked in the room and announced boastfully.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher, me, Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most Charming Smile Award. But I don't talk about that, I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at her!"

He smiled brightly and was waiting for some laughter, but instead got some grimaces and dreamy sighs from some of the girls. He forced a little laugh and continued.

"I see you've all bought a complete set of my books, well done. I thought we'd start today with a little quiz, nothing to worry about, just to check how well you've read them and how much you've taken in."

He passed around a stapled booklet of questions and Charlotte skim read it and scoffed when all of them was about him. He's so bloody conceited!  Lottie then smirked and thought to herself.

Let's give these students something to laugh about.

Everyone had finished the questions and he came around and collected them, he sat at his desk and marked them all with a proud smile on his face. It faltered slightly as he marked Charlotte's answers and she smirked and waited till he spoke.

"Tut, tut, hardly any of you remembered that my favourite colour is lilac, but Miss Granger knew that my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potions. Good girl."

Hermione sighed dreamily and rested her hand on her chin as she stared at Lockhart, Lockhart carried on.

"However, it seems as though Miss Weasley has written some.. different answers."

Charlotte smirked and offered innocently.

"Would you like me to read out the answers, sir?"

Lockhart sighed and passed her the paper back, he then started on the first question.

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's favourite colour?"

She tilted her head and answered back.

"Shit brown."

The class giggled and he read the next question.

"What is Gilderoy Lockhart's greatest achievement to date?"

Lottie declared nonchalantly, remembering the information her brothers had told her when they noticed that the adventures Lockhart had said he did in his books, were written pretty much word for word from some other authors' books.

"To steal other people's work and claim it as his own."

A few girls had gasped in disbelief and some boys were snickering in amusement, Lockhart sighed and asked the next question.

"When is Gilderoy Lockhart's birthday and what would his ideal gift be?"

She replied back with a smirk as she leaned back in her seat.

"February 30th and a collection of picture's of himself so he can kiss them at night before he goes to bed."

Some girls were now glaring at Charlotte with hatred and the boys were laughing into their hands. This went on for every other question, and by the time Lottie was done, the boys were rolling on the floor laughing hysterically whilst the girls did not look happy at all.

However, Charlotte kept her face stoic as she leaned back more in her chair with her arms crossed, already knowing that her brothers will be proud once they hear the news that their dearest Charlotte had embarrassed the most cockiest teacher of Hogwarts.

Lockhart looked completely done so he cleared his throat and changed the subject.

"Now, be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind. You may find yourself facing your own worst fears in this room, know only that no harm can befall whilst I am here."

He then walked over to a covered object that was shaking, ignoring it and carrying on.

"I must ask you not to scream, it may provoke them."

Charlotte scoffed whilst Neville leaned back on his chair with a look of terror on his face. Lockhart took off the cover and they looked at the creatures, and before Charlotte could speak, Seamus asked with a scoff.

"Cornish Pixie's?"

Lockhart nodded and corrected.

"Freshly caught, Cornish Pixie's."

Seamus snorted and covered his mouth in disbelief, Lockhart frowned and responded to Seamus' behaviour.

"Laugh if you will, Mr Finnigan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters, let's see what you make of them now!"

He opens the cage door and a lot of Cornish Pixie's began to fly around the room, trashing everything, students began screaming and trying to get away from the creature's. Lockhart smiled and spoke loudly over the noise.

"Come on now, round them up, they're only pixies."

He gets out his wand and mutters.

"Peskipiski Pesternomi."

The spell did absolutely nothing as a pixie grabs his wand and flies away with it, he runs up the stairs to grab his painting as a pixie was trying to take it. He played a bit of tug of war with it until he gave up, he then stated briefly before running out of the room.

"I'll ask you five to just nip the rest of them back into their cage."

From that, Charlotte noticed that there are only them four and Neville in the room. She then winced as a pixie grabs her hair and yanks it, letting out a scream and Harry exclaims.

"Hold on, Lottie!"

He grabs a book and whacks the pixie, the said pixie goes flying and Lottie quickly thanks Harry as she becomes distracted by the pixies that are pulling Neville and hanging him by his robes on the chandelier, Ron yelps out.

"What do we do now?"

Hermione and Charlotte looked at each other and nodded, they both stood on a chair and yelled out.

"Immobulus!"

The pixies freeze and Neville sighs heavily.

"Why is it always me?"

Charlotte gave him a sympathetic smile and helped him get down, he thanked her and brushed off his robes. Ron asked afterwards.

"Can you believe him?"

Lottie laughed and replied.

"What a load of help he was."

Hermione picked up her books and responded to them.

"I'm sure Professor Lockhart just wanted to give us some hands-on experience."

The three of them look at her as if she's stupid and Harry asks.

"Hands on? Hermione, he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing."

Hermione rolled her eyes and stated again.

"Rubbish, read his books. You'll see all the amazing things he's done."

Ron and Charlotte scoff and reply in unison.

"He says he's done."

Hermione huffed and rushed off, they rolled their eyes at her and exited the classroom. The group parted ways as Harry and Charlotte went to Quidditch practice as Neville and Ron sat on a bench, chilling out.