•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 13

It was the next day and the quartet got a letter from Hagrid saying to meet him at the Black Lake. So, that's where they're going. Harry and Charlotte were walking next to each other as Ron and Hermione argued. Ron complained.

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial."

Hermione ignored what he said and spoke to Harry.

"Harry, will you explain to your friend, Ronald, that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat."

Ron scoffed and exclaimed.

"Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her."

Harry sighed heavily and snapped.

"No I won't! You know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got a few other things on my mind right now!"

Charlotte looked at Harry in shock and Ron snapped back.

"Really? It wasn't you who had to roll underneath the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!"

Ron stopped walking and paused, he had a look of regret and guilt all over his face. Harry sighed in frustration and roughly grabbed Charlotte's hand, pulling her along as they all avoided eye contact from the awkward tension.

They got to the black lake and a Charlotte joined Hagrid in the water, throwing stones as the others sat on the rocks, away from each other. She asked.

"So, how did it go, Hagrid?"

Hagrid threw a stone and then replied.

"Buckbeak liked London."

Charlotte smiled and added.

"I mean the hearing."

Hagrid made a face as to say "oh" and responded.

"Oh, that. Well, I got up an' said my bit, you know, how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff an' as long as yeh treated 'im with respect, he'd treat yeh the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up an' said his bit, you know, how Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous that no teacher in their righ' mind would expose their students to."

Charlotte could tell he was going to say something bad, so she asked softly.

"And..?"

Hagrid sighed and threw another stone. Charlotte threw one as well and tried to reassure him.

"You mustn't blame yourself, Hagrid-"

Ron cut her off.

"Malfoy, it's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak."

Hagrid shook his head and stated.

"Buckbeak's not going back into the forest."

Charlotte frowned, dreading where this was going. Hermione asked.

"Where is he going, Hagrid?"

Hagrid let out a cry and responded through a sob.

"Buckbeak's been sentenced to death!"

Charlotte's heart dropped and she stopped throwing stones before looking to the others to see them frowning as well. Lottie led Hagrid out of the water before he drowned himself, he went back to his hut to cry and the other four left him to mourn. It was still quite awkward between them, so they dispersed and did their own things.

Hermione went to the library again, Ron went to hang out with Dean, Seamus and Neville, Harry went to his dorm and Charlotte wandered around the castle.

She was walking down an empty corridor when her arm was suddenly grabbed and she was being pulled into a classroom. Once she got in it, she frantically turned to the person who had pulled her. Charlotte frowned and exclaimed.

"What the hell, Draco?!"

Draco sighed and began to speak.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I did to Buckbeak. I tried to stop my father from sentencing the Hippogriff to death, but it didn't work."

Charlotte looked at him shock. One, did he actually just apologize or am I hearing things? And two, did he actually try to stop his dad or is he just trying to impress me?

He noticed that she wasn't saying anything, so he continued.

"I'm also sorry for not thanking you when you tried to save me from the Hippogriff, you got the worst of it and me being an attention seeker, made my injury seem a lot worse than it actually was. I admit, I was stupid for taunting it when that oaf specifically said not to."

Cnarlotte rolled her eyes when he called Hagrid an oaf, sighed and responded.

"I appreciate you for apologizing and everything. But the thing is, you always try to impress me or be nice to me, but then you end up offending me by calling my friends or family names. I get that you are brought up to not like people that aren't purebloods, but that doesn't mean you have to go around calling Muggleborns, "mudbloods", especially if one of them is my best friend. I'm honoured that you like me and such, but if you keep doing that, there's no way that you're gonna get a girlfriend or a boyfriend."

She sighed and patted his shoulder as she left him in the empty classroom. By now, it was coming close to the curfew so Charlotte made her way to the common room. When she got there, she saw Hermione and grabbed her hand.

Charlotte pulled her to the dorm and they sat on her bed, Lottie began to tell her everything that had just happened and watched as Hermione's mouth dropped and her eyes widened, she stated in shock.

"I-I can't believe that the Draco Malfoy who's a bully, apologized to you. It's kind of sweet that he did that, but I get what you said about how he tries to impress you but ends up offending you at the same time."

Charlotte nodded along with her and they got dressed into their PJ's and cuddled up with their cats before falling asleep.