•𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 13

The Christmas holiday went by fast and the Weasley's spent most of it re-doing the house. But now, the teens are back at Hogwarts and Charlotte was still shaken up about that night, it was horrible to witness.

Anyway, when they got back, the news of the attack was all over the Daily Prophet and they kept getting sympathy from the students and professors.

Lavender kept snogging Ron and Ron looked absolutely miserable, Harry and Charlotte haven't even talked about the fact that they nearly kissed as it was just awkward. And Hermione has been getting clingy with Charlotte, she didn't mind it, but Lottie still thinks Mione is still hung up on Ron.

Right now, Harry, Hermione and Charlotte are walking down a corridor, Hermione had a newspaper in her hand and she exclaimed as Harry and Lottie walked beside her.

"It's easy for them to get to you, you're bloody lucky you weren't killed, you have to realise who you are, Harry."

Harry sighed and snapped.

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?"

He noticed Hermione's sad face and apologized, they stopped walking when they saw Ron and Lavender. Lavender was giggling and was all over Ron, whilst Ron looked absolutely miserable. Hermione muttered out before walking off.

"Excuse me, I have to go vomit."

Charlotte sighed and exchanged glances with Harry, they walked away and Harry had announced that he had to go see Dumbledore, so Charlotte went back to the common room and hung out with Neville, Seamus and Dean.

As she was hanging out with the silver trio, Charlotte got a letter from Draco, it said that he needed to speak with her at the astronomy tower. So, Lottie being a good friend, met up with him and he spoke as they sat on a sofa.

"Thank you for getting me out of trouble, I just needed to do something."

Charlotte nodded and listened as he continued.

"What I'm about to tell you may make you question your choice of being my friend."

His voice cracked and her eyebrows furrowed, she stated.

"I'm sure whatever it is, I will still want to be your friend, it can't be that bad, can it?"

Draco's face went completely serious as he told her.

"My task is to kill Dumbledore, if I don't, Voldemort would kill me and my family."

Charlotte's breath got caught in her throat and she looked at Draco in shock, she opened her mouth, but nothing came out, resulting in Draco getting up and exclaiming.

"I knew it! I knew that once I told you, you'd be disgusted at me!"

Lottie immediately shot up from the sofa and ran over to him as he went to leave, she softly grabbed his arm and reassured him.

"No, Draco, I am not disgusted at you at all. What you have to do is quite a shock, but if you need to do what you need to do in order to save your family, then do it. Yes, this is the headmaster we're talking about, but I'm sure you can somehow trick Voldemort into thinking that you actually killed Dumbledore. He may be a powerful wizard, but so is Dumbledore. Have you tried to get your family into safety?"

Draco ran his hand through his hair and sighed in frustration, he then responded.

"This is the Dark Lord we're talking about, Lottie, he can't be tricked, he has followers that are just as equally as powerful as him. Dumbledore's old anyway, he could already be dying and we wouldn't know, my mother reached out to your mum and discussed the situation and she's currently at the Burrow. Father, however, doesn't want to go into hiding, he wants to be by Voldemort's side. Did you know that Voldemort is at my manor as we speak?" 

Charlotte paused and blinked rapidly before asking in confusion.

"Hold up, Narcissa is at the Burrow? When did she get there and how did mum let her stay there? Isn't she a death eater?"

Draco nodded his head and answered her questions.

"Yes, my mother is at your house that you rebuilt, she even offered to help. She got there when we arrived at Hogwarts and she's not a Death Eater, she never got the mark. She just goes along with things because father makes her, with mother at the Burrow, Voldemort and his followers would never guess that she's there because we're supposed to hate each other. Mother is only staying there until my job is done, she will then return back to the manor, no one except us and your parents know where she is. Please keep this a secret."

It took time to register all this information, and then Charlotte remembered about the conversation her and Harry overheard, but decided not to bring it up because she doesn't know how Draco will take it if she told him they were eavesdropping. Charlotte shook off the thought and cleared her throat, her eyes drifted off to the clock that was behind him and noticed that it was twenty minutes after curfew. Her eyes widened and she announced.

"We better get back to our dorms, we'll get detention if we're caught after curfew."

Draco sighed and nodded, she placed her hands on his shoulders and muttered softly.

"Don't worry, Draco, erything is going to alright, this will be all over soon and things will go back to normal. Okay? Try your best to try and trick Voldemort, if you succeed, then you won't need to actually kill our headmaster."

Draco nodded and they left the room, but before Charlotte was going to head off, she was suddenly pulled into a hug by Draco. Lottie gasped, but hugged him back as she knew he needed it. Draco whispered into her ear as they hugged.

"Thank you for being there for me, I appreciate it."

Charlotte got out the hug and smiled before responding back.

"It's alright, I'll always be there for you, you're my friend and it's what friends do, and don't worry, I'll keep your mother's whereabouts a secret."

Draco smiled and they both said goodbye before heading off to their dorms, but before Lottie could reach the common room, Harry and Ron bustled out. She was taken aback at the sight of Ron, he looked dazed.

Harry must have noticed, because he mumbled to her as he struggled to hold up the weight of the twin.

"He ate some chocolates that were laced with Amortentia."

Charlotte's mouth dropped and she immediately helped Harry hold up Ron. Ron, however, looked at Lottie and chuckled before slurring out.

"You look like a female version of me! We could be twins?!"

A smile made its way onto her face and she shook her head playfully. Ron then leaned his head on her shoulder and dreamily announced.

"Can you introduce me to Romilda? I think I'm in love with her."

Lottie's head shot to his and she looked at him in shock and confusion, Harry then explained everything that happened, to which Charlotte sighed and mentally face palmed. They took Ron to Slughorn's room and Harry knocked, making Slughorn open the door and Harry muttered.

"I'm sorry, sir, I wouldn't bother you if it weren't absolutely essential."

Ron asked as Lottie steadied him.

"Where's Romilda?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes and him and listened as Slughorn asked Harry.

"What's the matter with Wenby?"

Lottie quietly snickered and Harry whispered to Slughorn about the situation, Slughorn sighed and let them in.