•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 19

It's now the afternoon and it's a Saturday so they didn't have to worry about lessons. Their end of term exams were yesterday and now the quartet were walking outside in the nice warm weather. Hermione was speaking.

"I've always heard Hogwarts' end of the year exams were frightful, but I found that rather enjoyable."

Charlotte snorted a little. Of course she would find them enjoyable, she's Hermione fricking Granger. Ron scoffed and stated.

"Speak for yourself."

Charlotte saw him look at Harry, who was next to her rubbing his scar, Ron asked.

"You okay there, Harry?"

Harry shakes his head slightly and replies.

"My scar, it keeps hurting."

Charlotte goes to speak, but Hermione beats her to it.

"It's happened before."

Harry sighs and responded.

"Yeah, but not like this."

Charlotte frowns and rubs his back, comforting him as she suggests.

"Perhaps you should see Madam Pomfrey?"

Harry shakes his head and softly replies.

"I think it's a warning, it means dangers coming."

He rubs his scar again and looks up at Hagrid's hut, his eyes widen and he suddenly exclaims.

"Of course!"

He starts to run off and the rest of them follow behind him slightly confused, Hermione asked.

"What is it?"

Harry lets out a chuckle and responds.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a stranger shows up and just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets? Why didn't I see it before?"

Charlotte's eyes widened as she realized what he had just said, now that she thinks about it, it does seem quite fishy. They get to Hagrid and he's playing a really nice tune on his handmade flute. Harry asks through his breaths.

"Hagrid! Who gave you the dragon egg? What did he look like?"

Hagrid thinks for a bit before replying.

"I don't know, I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

Charlotte's eyes widened, it could have been that figure her and Harry saw last night. Harry asks again.

"The stranger, though. You and he must have talked, right?"

Hagrid shrugged and explained.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, "After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem."

Charlotte gasped and asked.

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?"

Hagrid looks at her like she's talking nonsense, he responds to her question.

"Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him, I said, "The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him." Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep."

Hagrid freezes as the quartet gasp, his eyes widened and he muttered out.

"I shouldn't have told you that."

The four looked at each other and nodded, they then ran off, ignoring Hagrid as he wondered where they were going. Charlotte dodged a couple of people as they ran towards McGonagall's classroom. Once they got there, they ran to her desk breathing heavily, she looked up at them and Harry asked hurriedly.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore immediately!"

McGonagall shook her head and replied.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here, he received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London."

Charlotte let out a frustrated sigh and exclaimed.

"He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about the Philosopher's Stone!"

McGonagall's eyes widened and the quill she was holding, dropped out of her grasp. She asked sternly.

"And how do you lot know about that?!"

Ron stated frustratedly.

"Someone's going to try and steal it!"

McGonagall glared at the students and stated strictly.

"I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now, would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly."

They all sighed defeatedly and exited her room with frowns on their faces, they were walking down a hallway as Harry spoke.

"That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village, it was Snape. Which means he knows how to get past Fluffy."

Charlotte nodded, agreeing with him and Hermione let out a statement "and with Dumbledore gone."

The four heard footsteps behind them and turned around to be met with Snape, they froze as he stared at them and asked.

"Good afternoon. Now, what would four young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?"

Charlotte held back from sassily saying "we live here, idiot".

Hermione tried to speak, but it just came out as a stuttering mess. Snape glared at the four of them and stated in that voice of his again.

"You want to be careful, people will think you're.."

He pauses and looks to Harry for a few seconds before continuing.

"Up to something."

He then turned and walked away, although it looked like he was gliding because of his cloak.

The quartet let go of breaths that they didn't know they were holding and Charlotte looked to her twin and best friends before asking.

"Now what do we do?"

Harry looked around before leaning in to them and announcing.

"We go down the trapdoor, tonight."

The others nodded and got on with their day, preparing themselves for the eventful night they were going to have.