•𝑭𝑰𝑭𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14

(A/N: This is a long chapter, specifically 3000+ words. Get ready.)

The four approached Umbridge's office but it was locked, so Harry tried Alohomora and it worked. They all bustled in and Ron shut the door. Charlotte grimaced at the gross amount of pink around the room and the kittens on the wall. Harry muttered as they stood in front of the fireplace.

"Alert the Order if you can."

Ron replied in disbelief.

"Are you mental? We're going with you."

Harry shook his head and exclaimed.

"It's too dangerous!"

Hermione scoffed and stated firmly.

"When are you going to get it into your head? We're in this together."

Charlotte was about to add on to it, but a voice they were dreading spoke behind them.

"That you are."

Lottie's heart dropped and they turned around to see a fuming pink toad behind them. Charlotte sighed in frustration and some of Umbridge's pets came in with Neville, Luna and Ginny. Harry was tied up to the chair and Draco was holding Lottie as Umbridge asked demandingly.

"You were going to Dumbledore, weren't you?"

Harry replied immediately.

"No."

Umbridge yelled out a "liar!" before slapping Harry, making Charlotte jump and lunge forward. But Draco held her back. Snape suddenly appeared and looked at Lottie before asking.

"You sent for me, headmistress?"

Umbridge smiled and responded.

"Snape, yes. The time has come for answers, whether he wants to give them to me or not. Have you brought the Veritaserum?"

Snape drawled out.

"I'm afraid you've used up all my stores interrogating students, the last of it on Miss Chang. So unless you wish to poison him- and I assure you, I would have the greatest sympathy if you did. I cannot help you."

As Snape went to leave, Harry suddenly blurted out.

"He's got Padfoot, he's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden."

Charlotte's eyes widened at Harry. Is he even sure that Snape knows what he is on about? After looking at Harry and then Snape, Umbridge asks curiously.

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?"

Snape turned his head and replied nonchalantly.

"No idea."

Harry sighed and Umbridge stated.

"Very well, you give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue."

Charlotte's mouth dropped and she blurted out in shock.

"That's illegal, you bitch!"

Umbitch smirked and Charlotte immediately began to get flashbacks from 2nd Year when she got tortured by Tom Riddle. Umbridge's smirk had reminded her of Tom's and she shivered slightly, causing Draco to look at her in concern. But she avoided eye contact and scowled at Umbitch.

Umbridge then turned to Harry and raised her wand, and as she was about to say the spell, Hermione exclaimed out.

"Tell her, Harry!"