•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8

The next class they have is Potions with Professor Snape, and from what the twins had told Charlotte, Professor Snape is cold-hearted and mean. We'll see about that.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville and Charlotte are all walking through the dungeons and shivered as it's so cold. Suddenly, Harry and Ron stopped walking which meant that Charlotte crashed into Ron's back.

"Woah."

Ron looked back at his sister with a smile and enounced.

"Sorry, sis, didn't mean to stop so sudden. We're here."

Charlotte waved him off and looked at the big black door, they walked into the classroom and found 5 seats available, so they sat down and waited for Professor Snape to start his lesson.

However, there was no teacher present in the classroom so he must be late.

Charlotte was about to speak to Ron, when the door slammed open and banged against the wall, it made several students jump from the loud noise. They looked to where the noise came from and there was Professor Snape, gliding into the classroom. He begins to speak in his monotonous voice.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few who possess the predisposition.. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows as Snape glared at Harry whilst continuing to speak.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!"

Charlotte held back a laugh as Hermione nudges Harry in the ribs, Harry hisses quietly and looks up to see Snape glaring at him, he gulps slightly and puts down his quill. Snape smirks slightly and asked.

"Mr Potter, our.. new.. celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Hermione's hand shoots up, nearly knocking Harry's glasses off, Charlotte snickered quietly and Harry shrugged, looking clueless. Snape sighs and continues.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione's hand goes up again, barely missing Harry's glasses once again. Harry speaks up.

"I don't know, sir."

Snape glares harder and continues to confuse Harry.

"And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?"

Charlotte heard Harry sigh under his breath, he mumbles.

"I don't know, sir."

Snape clicks his tongue and states with a smirk on his mouth.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr Potter?"

Harry shrugs and slouches in his chair in embarrassment, Snape turns around and begins to do the register, and once he gets to Charlotte's name, he looks at her and does a double take. He stares at her for a few seconds before blinking, clearing his throat, and continuing to do the register. (A/N: Stop saying that Snape is a nonce, it's because Lottie looks like Lily.)

For the whole lesson, everyone just read textbooks and jotted down any important notes. Snape then set them homework on the first day. Luckily, they have a free period next so they can do it then. Better early than late.