•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 17

The next day, Ron, Harry, and Charlotte are chilling in the common room, they're both playing wizards chess as Lottie is reading a book she received from Hermione. It was a Muggle one called Little Women and Lottie quite likes it.

Charlotte glanced at Harry and she can tell that he was bothered by something, it was probably to do with the mirror. She smiled sadly as he looks sad, she absolutely hates seeing him like this.

The trio didn't really do much today, it was one of those lazy days.

Hermione and the other students that went home for Christmas were coming back today and Harry pulled Charlotte aside and told her all about last night when he went back to the mirror alone, but got caught by Dumbledore.

He had also told her that Dumbledore had said that the mirror showed them what their greatest desire was, making her remember what she saw in the mirror.

But her thoughts were interrupted when Hermione came back, and the first thing she wanted to do was study. Completely typical of Hermione.

Hermione had walked off and they jumped as she slammed a massive book on the table, she stated.

"I had you looking in the wrong section, how could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

Ron looked at the book and then at Hermione and asked incredulously.

"This is light?"

Hermione glared at him and stated.

"Of course! Here it is! Look."

Charlotte stood up and peeked at the book, Hermione read a bit of it out loud.

"Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

Harry and Ron asked in unison.

"The what?"

Hermione glared at the two and Charlotte snickered, Hermione sassily retorted.

"Honestly, don't you two read?"

She continued by reading more of the book.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal."

Charlotte's eyes widened as she thought it was quite cool, Ron asked curiously.

"Immortal?"

Hermione rolled her eyes and replied smartly.

"It means you'll never die."

Ron looked offended and replied hastily.

"I know what it means!"

Harry and Charlotte shushed him in annoyance as Hermione read again.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year, celebrated his 665th birthday! That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor.. the Philosopher's Stone!"

Charlotte thought to herself.

Jeez, this dude is bloody old. Older than Dumbledore, and that's saying something.

The quartet looked at each other and they knew that they had to visit Hagrid to tell him the news, they decided to go at nighttime, before curfew.