•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 14

Divination time, yippee. Not.

It's still quite awkward between the boys as well.

Trelawney speaks as the students look at the crystal balls in front of them.

"Crystal-gazing requires that you clear the Inner Eye. Only then, will you.. see."

She notices Harry's crystal ball and exclaims.

"Oh my! What do we have here?"

Hermione speaks up sarcastically and mocks Trelawney.

"Here we go again, it's the Grim! It's the Grim!"

Charlotte held back a laugh as Trelawney looks at Hermione offended. She then speaks directly to her.

"My dear, from the moment you first arrived in my class, I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the nobal art of Divination. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books to which you so desperately cleave."

Hermione went to reply, but instead got up, knocked her crystal ball off the table, grabbed her bag and sassily walked off. Charlotte snickered and did the same, she then exclaimed as she hopped over the table.

"Wait for me, Mione. I want to be a rebel too!"

Charlotte ran out of the room as she heard laughter coming from the classroom. She caught up with Hermione and linked arms and then stated with a laugh.

"Did you see Trelawney's face? She looked like someone had just told her that she's shit at her job."

Hermione bursted out laughing and they skipped to the common room. It wasn't until the boys came back with a letter from Hagrid which said that it's time. The quartet walked across the grounds and Charlotte glared at the executioner as he sharpened his axe. Hermione exclaimed.

"I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak! It's too horrible."

The others agreed with her and Harry stated.

"It just got worse."

They looked to see that Draco and his goons were looking at Hagrid's hut with some binoculars, they also overheard Draco boast.

"Did you see the big, fat, blubbering oaf? Oh, this is going to be rich! Did I tell you that father said I could keep the head-"

He must have heard the footsteps as he turned around, smirked and asked.

"Ah, come to see the show?"

Hermione suddenly started to walk faster towards him, muttering some words as she held up her wand.

"You foul, loathsome, evil, little cockroach!"

Draco stumbled back, getting pinned to rock as Hermione held her wand to his throat. Ron exclaimed.

"Hermione, no!"

She turned to her friends and Charlotte tried not to laugh at Draco's face as he whimpered. Ron and Charlotte stated in unison.

"He's not worth it."

Hermione sighed and lowered her wand, she began to walk back when she suddenly turned and punched him on the nose. Charlotte winced as there was a loud cracking noise and Draco groaned and held his nose as he and his goons began to run away. He looked at Charlotte for a second before running off. The three looked at Hermione in awe and shock. She stated as she shook her hand.

"That felt good."

Ron let out a breath and replied.

"Not good, brilliant!"

Hermione smiled sheepishly and they began to go down the hill, towards Hagrid's hut. Once they got in there, Hermione and Charlotte made tea as Hagrid and the boys looked at Buckbeak outside. Hagrid mumbled sadly.

"Look at him, he loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows."

Charlotte smiles sadly and Harry suggests.

"I say we let him free."

Hagrid shook his head and responded.

"They'd know I did it, and that would only get Dumbledore in trouble. Gonna come down, you know, says he wants to be with me when it... when it happens. Great man, Dumbledore."

Charlotte stated.

"We'll stay with you too, Hagrid."

She then jumped as he replied loudly.

"You will not! Think I want you seeing a thing like this? No, you'll drink yeh tea and be off. But before you do, I want to see you and Ron shake hands, Harry."

Ron and Harry exchange an awkward glance and Hagrid speaks again.

"Think I haven't seen how it's been between you two? Go on now."

Ron and Harry reluctantly shake hands and Hagrid continues.

"Good, now then. Ron, I want to see you give Hermione a hug."

Charlotte bit her tongue and held back a laugh as both of them let out a "what!". Hagrid tuts and continues.

"Go on! You two have been at it all year and I'm sick of it."

Ron and Hermione awkwardly shuffle towards each other and they hug for a spilt second before stepping away from each other with pink cheeks. Hagrid's face looks bewildered as he states.

"Crikey, that's just about the most awkward hug I've ever seen! But you did it and that's what matters, there's just one other thing."

Ron quickly asks.

"I'm not kissing Fang if that's what you're thinking?"

Charlotte couldn't help but laugh loudly and Fang, who hears his name, comes happily walking over to them. His tail wags as he stares up at Hagrid, wanting a treat. Hagrid sighs and picks up a tin. He takes the lid off and jumps when he spots something, he reaches into the tin and suddenly pulls out Scabbers by his tail. Scabbers squeaks and Ron exclaims.

"Scabbers! You're alive!"

Hagrid gives Scabbers to Ron and Charlotte scrunched her nose up at the sight of the tatty rat. Hagrid tells Ron to keep a closer eye on his pet and Hermione huffs and muttered.

"I think you owe someone an apology."

Ron scoffs and replies.

"Right, next time I'll see Crookshanks, I'll let him know."

Hermione crosses her arms in frustration and Lottie sighs at them. Hermione exclaims.

"I meant me!"

Hagrid sighs and mutters under his breath.

"Here we go."

Suddenly, a pot smashes, they look to it as sugar starts spilling out. Harry hisses and lets out an "ow", and rubs the back of his head. He looks outside to see who threw it when he went wide eyed and he uttered.

"Uh, Hagrid."

Hagrid looked and gasped when he spotted Dumbledore, the Minister and the executioner. He huddles the students together and shooed them out.

"You've got to go, it's nearly night. Anyone sees you outside the castle you'll be in trouble, Big trouble! Especially you, Harry."

They exit out the back door and wait as the adults enter through the front door. They run behind some pumpkins and duck down, a stick behind them snaps and they look back to see nothing there. Hermione mutters out.

"I thought I saw... nevermind."

The four then jog behind some trees and successfully climbed up the hill without being seen. Charlotte grabs Harry's arm as they watch the executioner step forward. He raises his axe and it all happens in slow motion. The axe slowly comes down and there's a sickening crunch sound. The birds that were on the pumpkins fly away and tears begin to slip down Lottie's cheeks. Harry pulls her closer and puts her head on his chest and calms her as she sobs.