•𝑺𝑬𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8

As the two were walking on the field, they heard Oliver speak.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program, we're going to train earlier, harder, and longer!"

Everyone groaned and Oliver squinted and stated.

"What the? I don't believe it."

He started to walk away, so they followed him and Charlotte scoffed as she saw the Slytherin team waltz up with smirks on their faces, once they had stood in front of them, Oliver spoke.

"Clear out, Flint! I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

Flint smirked and Lottie grimaced at the sight of his teeth, he pulled out a piece of parchment from out of his robes and replied.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note."

Oliver roughly snatched it and read it out for them all to hear.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker."

Oliver looks up and asks.

"You've got a new seeker? Who?"

The Slytherin's move out of the way until Draco Malfoy stands there smirking at them, Ron scoffed and Charlotte jumped, not knowing he was there.

"Malfoy?"

Draco smirked wider and replied arrogantly.

"That's right, and that's not all that's new this year.."

The Slytherin team pulled out their brooms and a look of shock goes over Charlotte's face, she exclaims in disbelief.

"Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones!"

She gazes in awe at the brooms and missed the fact that Flint said they were from Draco's father, Draco then suddenly pulls out another one and announces.

"I tricked father into thinking there was a reserve player on the team, this broom is for you, Charlotte."

Lottie's breath gets caught in her throat and she awkwardly coughs out, she looks at Draco in shock, not just at the fact he just bloody gave her an expensive broom, but the fact he called her by her first name.

He passed her the broom and she gobsmakingly thanked him. Charlotte was too in awe to hear the argument between Draco, Ron and Hermione until she heard a word that made her angry.

"No one asked for your opinion, you filthy little mudblood."

Her head shot up and she looked at Draco in anger, he smirked, but it faltered as he looked at Charlotte. Fred and George went to go forward, but Oliver holds them back and mutters out.

"Save it for the match."

They both sigh in anger and before Lottie could do anything, Ron pointed his wand at Draco and muttered confidently.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!"

Since his wand is broken, the spell backfired and hit him instead, making him vomit up some slimy slugs. They crowd around Ron as his face was very pale. Hermione speaks worriedly.

"Ron, say something!"

Instead of talking, he vomits up a slug and it drops into the grass with a wet plop, slime drips out of his mouth and Harry and Hermione help him get up. Colin tries to get a picture of Ron, but fails.

They both walk off, gagging and grimacing when Ron throws up a slug.

Charlotte gets up off the floor and turns to Draco, she places the broom on the grass and walks up to him, faking a smile before slapping him across the face. His cheek goes bright red and she spits out.

"Never call Hermione or any Muggleborn that ever again."

She glanced at the broom and knew that it would be unfair for the others on the team if she had a fastest broom, so she regretfully continued.

"Oh, and you can shove that broom up your arse!"

She threw the broom at him and walked away from the group to hear her brothers cheering her on and the Slytherin's asking if Draco was okay. She ignored them and speed walked to Hagrid's hut as that's where the others are.

Charlotte walks in to see Ron holding a massive bucket in his lap with his head over it, Fang waddles over to Lottie and she sits down and stroke his head as he rests it on her thigh. Hagrid states.

"Better out than in, who was he tryin' ter curse anyway?"

Hermione had her head down, so Harry answered for her.

"Malfoy, he called Hermione a.. well, I don't really know what it means."

Hermione quietly announced.

"He called me a mudblood."

Hagrid's eyes widened and he asked in shock.

"He didn't?"

Hermione slowly nods and Harry looked confused, Hermione noticed this and explained to him what it meant.

"It means dirty blood, Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who was a Muggle-born, someone with non-magic parents, someone like me, it's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation."

Harry's mouth opened like an "O" and Hagrid explained.

"Yeh see, Harry, there are some wizards, like Malfoy's family who think they're better than everyone else 'cause they're what people call pureblood."

Harry stated after recovering over his shock.

"That's horrible."

Ron suddenly belched and Charlotte scrunched her nose at the plopping sound it made as it went into the bucket, Ron muttered out afterwards.

"It's disgusting!"

Hagrid began ranting about how discriminating it was and Charlotte placed a comforting hand on Hermione's arm as Hagrid softly reassured to her after he got his anger out.

"Besides, they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can't do. Don't you think of it, Hermione, don't you think on it for a minute."

Hermione smiled tearfully and Lottie decided to brighten her up.

"Guess what? Malfoy received a nice slap to the cheek by the one and only, your best friend. I also told him to shove the broom up his arse."

Hermione giggled and let out a sniffle, Harry snickered and stared at Charlotte with fondness as she calmed Hermione down by making her laugh.

Hermione quietly thanked Lottie and gave her a hug, Charlotte hugged her back and kissed the top of her head as she wiped her tears and runny nose on her robes.

It was now night time and Hermione and Charlotte were eating junk food that Lottie had gotten from the kitchens in their dorms under the covers instead of going to the Halloween feast, Harry and Ron were at their detentions.