•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20

It's now night time and they waited for everyone to go to sleep, they were about to leave the common room when they heard croaking. The quartet turned around to be met with Neville's toad, Trevor. Charlotte face-palmed as the boys tried to hush Trevor, only making themselves louder.

"Trevor, you shouldn't be here!"

Charlotte's eyes then widened when Neville stood up from the chair that Trevor was sat on, he stated.

"Neither should you, you're sneaking out again, aren't you?"

Harry sighed and tried to reason with Neville.

"Now, Neville, listen. We were-"

Neville interrupted Harry.

"No! I won't let you, you'll get us Gryffindor's in trouble again. I-I'll f-fight you."

He held his fists in front of him shakily and Charlotte smiled, admiring Neville's bravery, but it faltered when Hermione got out her wand and stated.

"Neville, I'm really, really sorry about this.. Petrificus Totalus."

Charlotte's eyes widened and she rushed forward, grabbing some cushions from the sofa and threw them on the floor just as Neville's body stiffened and fell backwards, right onto the cushions.

She let out a breath of relief, knowing that he had a bit of comfort underneath him, the trio looked at her like a weirdo, but she just shrugged and stated.

"He deserved a bit of comfort if his body was going to be frozen up!"

The trio sighed and they began to leave the common room, they apologized to Neville on their way out and Charlotte sisterly kissed his forehead and whispered the counter curse, his body unfroze and he looked at her, shakily.

Neville nodded as a thanks and Charlotte nodded back with a slight smile, she then rushed out and walked with the others.

They were walking down a corridor under the invisibility cloak and Harry and Charlotte were in front whilst Hermione and Ron were behind them.

Charlotte rolled her eyes when they started bickering, she shushed them as they were gradually getting louder and they quietly apologized. The four reached the door and Charlotte pulled out her wand and whispered "Alohomora."

The door opened and they rushed in, the four looked warily at the dog, it seemed as though it was asleep. Phew. Harry whispered out.

"We need to move its paw!"

They nodded and kneeled on the ground, using their body weight to push the gigantic paw off the trap door, successfully doing it and Harry opened the door, he spoke again.

"I'll go first, don't follow until I give you a sign. If anything happens, get yourselves out of here."

He pauses and asks.

"Does it seem a bit.. quiet to you?"

They all freeze and realize that the song that had been playing on the harp earlier, had stopped. Charlotte's eyes widened and Hermione stated.

"The harp, it's stopped playing!"

Charlotte had a feeling that something was not right and before she could voice her concern, drool had dripped onto Ron's shoulder, he grimaced and they felt the breaths of the dogs above them. They slowly looked up to see the three heads staring at them, making them freak out.

Harry jumped through the door with Charlotte following behind him and the others followed as well. They screamed as they were falling through the air, Charlotte wondered when they would stop.