•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 18

Hermione, Ron, Harry and Charlotte were walking through a corridor talking, Charlotte glanced around worried that they'd get caught. Harry spoke as he walked closer to her.

"Hagrid's always wanted a dragon, he told me the first time we met."

Charlotte smiled at Harry and he smiled back, blushing slightly. She listened to her twin reply.

"It's crazy, and even worse, Malfoy knows."

Charlotte sighed in frustration and Harry asked.

"I don't understand, is that bad?"

Charlotte went to reply, but Hermione froze and stated.

"It's bad."

They looked up and Charlotte inwardly swore, there was McGonagall glaring at them with her hands on her hips, she speaks and Draco walks out from behind her, smirking.

"Good evening."

Charlotte glares at Draco and he looks guilty for a second until he looks at Harry and goes back to smirking.

McGonagall led the group to her classroom and they all stood in front of her desk with guilty looks on their face, she states sternly.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken."

The quartet's eyes widen and Harry and Charlotte exclaim in unison.

"50?!"

McGonagall replies.

"Each, and to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention."

Charlotte sighs sadly, but then realizes that McGonagall had said 5, which means- Draco interrupted her thoughts by asking.

"Excuse me, Professor? Perhaps I heard you wrong, I thought you said.."the five of us."

The others smirk as they look at Draco, who looks confused, McGonagall replies.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr Malfoy. You see, as honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates."

Charlotte snickered and mocked Draco, he huffed and crossed his arms. Charlotte secretly high fived Hermione behind her back, but sighed when Mr Filch met up with them. As they were walking outside, Filch started talking.

"A pity they let the old punishments die, there was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming."

Charlotte rolled her eyes when Draco gulped, he stepped closer to Charlotte and Filch continued as if he never stopped.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight, he's got a little job to do inside the dark forest."

The quartet sighed in relief when they spotted Hagrid, they then frowned when they realised that Hagrid had been crying. He sniffled once the group reached him. Charlotte ignored Filch as he spoke again, but Hagrid announced.

"Norbert's gone, Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony."

Charlotte frowned and walked to Hagrid, hugging his leg, Hermione asked.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind."

Charlotte nodded, agreeing with Hermione, but stopped when Hagrid sniffled and responded.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all."

Charlotte sighed and patted his leg, she then glared at Filch as he scoffed and stated.