•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 3

By the time they had gotten dressed into their uniform, gotten off the train and went on some carriages that lead them to the castle, Charlotte was bloody exhausted and hungry. She really hoped that Dumbledore doesn't do a massive speech like he does every welcoming feast. But, then again, it is Dumbledore, so he most likely will.

Charlotte linked arms with Hermione as they walked towards the entrance of the castle, they were stopped by Professor McGonagall.

"Good evening, students, may I have a word with Mr Potter and Miss Granger?"

They nodded and Ron and Charlotte walked away, Charlotte knew what Minnie had to talk to Mione about.

Anyway, Ron and Charlotte sat at the table and waited for their two friends. They came after a few minutes and Hermione sat next to Ron whilst Harry sat next to Charlotte. They watched as the choir and toads were singing, Lottie smiled at Neville as he looked at Trevor proudly.

The choir had finished and everyone had clapped for them, Dumbledore then began his speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I, myself, am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."

He began to trail off and Charlotte snickered into her hand as Minnie cleared her throat, which made Dumbledore continue his original speech.

"Mm, yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts, good luck to you, Professor."

Remus stood up, smiled and nodded to them as they applauded him. Hermione muttered quietly to Harry.

"Of course! That's why he knew to give you the chocolate, Harry."

Charlotte smiled lightly and continued to listen to Dumbledore.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

Charlotte hollered to Hagrid along with the other students who adored him.

"GO HAGRID!" (A/N: Stop saying you're embarrassed, it's annoying.)

She clapped loudly and laughed when he went bright red and shyly sat down. Everyone had calmed down and as Dumbledore continued, a dark aura came over the room.

"Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts, at the request of the Ministry of Magic will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban."

Charlorte tried to listen to his speech  but she heard someone whisper.

"Potter! Psst, Potter!"

Harry and Charlotte turned to find Draco smirking, he asked.

"Is it true what they're saying? Did you faint? Like, actually faint?"

His friends mock a fainting pose and laughed. Lottie rolled her eyes and stated snarkily.

"Oh, you can't talk, Draco. George told me that you nearly pissed your pants."

Her friends laughed and Draco frowned, but Charlotte froze slightly as she realized that she had called Draco his first name in front of everyone. Draco must of realized as well as he smirked and winked. She rolled her eyes and pulled Harry's attention from them, ignoring the smirk Hermione was giving her.

During that whole thing, Dumbledore had said that there will be Dementors placed at every entrance and that no one should approach them. However, Charlotte didn't really care about that, she was impatiently waiting for him to say that they could eat and thank Godric that it was finally time to because she was sooo ready to inhale all this delicious food.

So, Charlotte may or may not have eaten ten times her body weight in food because she feels like a whale. (A/N: Mood.)

The feast had ended and she couldn't wait to just dive into that warm cosy bed in the dorms. Dumbledore finally excused them and the Gryffindor's made their way to the dorm entrance. They were stopped from going in as Elizabeth decided that she could try and break the glass cup with her voice. They all impatiently stood there, plugging their ears as she screeched.

Charlotte was at impatient level 230 and couldn't be arsed with waiting, so she squeezed through people and spoke to her.

"Look, Elizabeth, your voice is wonderful and I'm sure you'll break the glass at some point. But I and all these other brave lions have just had an exquisite feast and we're all literally about to burst. So, please, Fortuna Major."

Elizabeth huffed and opened the door, the students cheered and Charlotte smiled as she got high fives and pats on the backs. Lottie waited for the gang and they said goodnight to each other before departing to their dorms.

Hermione and her were dressed into their PJ's and Charlotte launched herself into her nice warm bed and got ready to sleep the night away, that was until she heard a yell. Angry that she got disturbed, Charlotte got out of bed and went to the place where she had heard the yell, and of course it was the boys dorm room.

She knocked on the door and held her hands on her hips waiting for someone to answer the door, thankfully, Neville being the precious gem he is, answered the door. She asked.

"What was that yell and why did it sound like my incompetent twin?"

Neville blushed and opened the door wider, Charlotte looked into the room to find a frightened Ron sitting on his bed pointing down to the floor, he stuttered shakily.

"S-Spider u-under t-the b-bed."

Charlotte sighed and entered the room, she picked up a shoe, dropped to the floor and looked under the bed. She held her wand up and uttered.

"Lumos"

When the light ignited, Charlotte rolled her eyes as a medium sized spider was stood there, she quickly squished it and got back up, whispering a "nox" and the light turned off. She then looked to the boys and Harry asked after eyeing her up and down.

"Why are you wearing a panda onesie?"

Charlotte crossed her arms and sassily responded.

"Because I can, and besides, that's what my eyes will look like in the morning if I don't get any sleep!"

The boys backed away and she sighed heavily. Charlotte muttered a "goodnight" and began to exit the room, only to hear Ron mutter to the boys.

"Girls sure do get scary when they're on their period."

Charlotte realized that she still had the shoe in her hand, so when she was half out of door, she turned her body and pelted the slipper at Ron, he yelped and jumped away as the dead spider was still on the slipper.

She sighed and then climbed back into bed, Shadow curled up to her owner and they both fell asleep.