•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10

Madam Pomfrey gave Charlotte a sleeping potion as she tended to the broken arm, it wasn't until Charlotte woke up to hushed voices.

"Do you think they're okay?"

That was Hermione, Ron then stated.

"They do be looking quite peaky though."

Fred scoffed and replied.

"Peaky? What do you expect them to look like? Harry fell like fifty feet and Lottie tried to rescue Harry, but got Bludgered instead."

George spoke sarcastically.

"Yeah, c'mon, Ron. We'll walk you off the Astronomy Tower and see how you come out looking."

Charlotte tried not to laugh and Harry then suddenly uttered.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does."

Charlotte listened to their conversation and silently sighed as they announced that Hufflepuff had won. She felt bad for Oliver because he's been waiting for this cup for ages, but then smiled softly to herself when Harry suddenly exclaimed.

"Wait, where's Lottie? Is she okay? Did she actually break her arm trying to save me?"

Lottie cleared her throat and mumbled.

"Yeah, I did."

Their attention was turned to Charlotte and Ron immediately ran over to her and helped her sit up. She thanked him, but winced slightly.

She then walked over to Harry's bed and he scooted aside sightly so she could sit down next to him. He wrapped an arm around her waist to hold her since she was on the edge of the bed. They then listened as the guys explained what had happened.

"There's something else you should know, Harry, your Nimbus, when it blew away? It sort of landed in the Whomping Willow, and well.."

He revealed a blanket of some sort and lots of broken bits of Harry's broom spilled out into the bed. Harry looked at it in shock and Charlotte gasped and felt really bad for Harry. Harry sighed heavily and slumped down on the bed. The others held apologetic frowns on their faces.

Harry was about to say something when someone walked into the hospital wing. That said someone walked up to the group and spoke to Charlotte.

"Hey, I'm sorry that your arm got broken. One of our beaters thought you were Fred or George and didn't realise until they saw your arm being hit."

Charlotte looked at the person and blushed a little as he smiled softly, she went red and responded.

"Oh, um, it's okay. There's nothing Madam Pomfrey can't fix. My arm will be better soon."

The boy smiled and nodded before leaving. After he left, Angelina and Alicia squealed. Charlotte jumped and Angelina exclaimed.

"That was Cedric Diggory!" (A/N: Right, pretend Cedric is 15 instead of 16 in PoA and 16 instead of 17 in GoF. But remember, it's specifically for something that happens next year.)

Charlotte's mouth opened and she went to speak when Madam Pomfrey had shooed the others out, Harry layed his head on Lottie's shoulder and heavily sighed again. He muttered out.

"I'm screwed, my broom's completely demolished. We lost to Hufflepuff because of the Dementors and Sirius Black is after me."

Charlotte laid her head on his, sighed and softly replied.

"I'm sorry, love, this will all be over soon. Sometimes, life screws you over and gives you challenges that are impossible to complete." (A/N: Stop overreacting, saying "love" is very common here in England. We say it to everyone.)

Harry hummed and the two had a quick nap because they were exhausted.

Madam Pomfrey had healed Charlotte's arm and put it in a sling as the arm was still a little sore. She then let them go and Charlotte had strict instructions to not apply pressure onto it.

Harry had dragged her to the black lake and they met up with Remus who looked absolutely exhausted and Charlotte had a feeling as to why. The three sat on a large stone and listened as Harry asked.

"Why do they affect me, Professor? I mean, more than everyone else..."

Lottie smiled sadly and rubbed his arm as he layed his head on her shoulder again. Remus explained.

"Dementors are among the foulest creatures that walk this earth, they feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until a person is left with nothing but his worst experiences. You're not weak, Harry. The Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past, horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

Harry then responded back in a voice that made him sound vulnerable.

"I'm scared, Professor."

Charlotte blinked away tears as she comforted Harry, Remus stated.

"I'd consider you a fool if you weren't."

Harry then piped up.

"I need to learn how to fight them, you could teach me, Professor. You made that Dementor on the train go away."

Remus sighed and replied.

"There was only one that night."

Harry nodded and stated.

"Yes, but you made it go away."

Remus looked down and fiddled with what looked like a promise ring on his finger before looking back up and replying.

"I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But yes, I can teach you, perhaps after the holiday. For now, though, I need to rest. I'm feeling... tired."

Charlotte made eye contact with Remus and she thinks he knew that she knew, because he nodded slightly. Lottie nodded back and the two students had to go back to the castle as it started to get dark.