•𝑺𝑬𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 16

It's the next day and Charlotte has just been sitting on the side of Hermione's bed talking nonsense to her, Harry and Ron had told her everything that happened last night and she was pretty shocked and relieved that it wasn't actually Hagrid who opened the Chamber, but even so, the person who is doing this is still out there.

They also told her that Dumbledore got dismissed from Hogwarts and Hagrid got sent to Azkaban.

Harry and Ron joined Lottie with talking to Hermione and Madam Pomfrey walked into the wing and spotted them. She sighed, frowned, put her hand on Charlotte's shoulder and stated.

"There's no point in talking to a petrified person, she won't hear a word you're saying."

Ron and Harry shifted uncomfortably and Ron replied to her.

"We know that, Madam Pomfrey, it's just, well, you see, we thought, maybe, we could be with her for a bit. She's our friend, you see, and even if she can't hear us.. I mean, it can't hurt, can it?"

Charlotte looked to Madam Pomfrey to see a glint of sympathy cloud over her eyes, she nodded and responded.

"Very well, then. But be quick about it."

They nodded and she walked away to deal with a student who had been in a fight, Ron asked.

"You don't think Lockhart could be the heir of Slytherin, do you?"

Harry raised an eyebrow and Ron cleared his throat and continued.

"Right, forget I said that."

Harry frowned and looked back at Hermione, he held her frozen hand and muttered sadly.

"Wish you were here, Hermione. We need you, now more than ever."

Charlotte's lip quivered and she blinked the tears away as she announced.

"I promised Neville that it'd help him with Herbology homework as he missed some from the day he fainted."

The boys nodded and Charlotte walked away, she sniffled and cleared her throat as she entered the common room and saw Neville, she put on a smile and began helping him with the work.

That only took like, one hour, but something in the corner of Lottie's eye caught her attention. She looked over to find Ginny exiting the common room, and she looked a little less normal. It was like she was being controlled. Her body was tense and her eyes were cloudy. Charlotte muttered to Neville.

"Good work, Neville. I've got to go speak to my sister, I'll be back later."

Neville nodded and smiled, Charlotte quickly ran after Ginny and skidded to a holt when she entered the girls bathroom and a male teenager was standing in front of her. Lottie's head tilted to the side and she realized that he was a Slytherin, everything began to make sense and before Ginny stepped closer to him, Charlotte begged.

"Take me! Please, not Ginny, take me instead."

Ginny quickly spun around and Charlotte realized that she had come out of her controlled state, her eyes went wide and she tried to speak, but it was all stuttery. The boy behind her smirked and stated.

"Well, well, well, Charlotte Weasley. Ginny has told me everything about you, are you sure you want to take your younger sister's spot?"

Lottie nodded her head frantically and Ginny ran towards her, crushing her into a hug. Lottie whispered into her ear.

"Go, run, go straight to the teachers. I love you."

Ginny sobbed and whispered an "I love you too", she then gave Charlotte a black book, the diary it looks like and ran away. Charlotte looked at the boy and before she had the chance to speak, he clicked his fingers and her sight went black. Her body went limp and she was being carried into the Chamber of Secrets.

As that was happening, Ron and Harry  were walking the hallways, they froze and hid behind a pillar, listening as Professor McGonagall announced solemly.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message, our worst fear has been realized, A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. I'm afraid we shall have to send the students home, I'm afraid..this is the end of Hogwarts."

The Professors gasp and Harry had the urge to groan in annoyance as Lockhart came into view, he asked cheerily.

"So sorry, I dozed off. What have I missed?"

Snape sneered and replied.

"Just the man, a girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come at last."

Lockhart furrowed his eyebrows and stuttered a response.

"My m-moment?"

Snape smirked and stated.

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?"

Lockhart's eyes widened and he stuttered again.

"D-Did I? I don't recall."

McGonagall uttered.

"That settles it, we'll leave it to you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are a legend."

Lockhart faked a laugh and mumbled.

"Very well, I'll be in my office getting ready."

McGonagall announced.

"The rest of us should go and inform the students what has happened."

Professor Sprout asks.

"Who has the monster taken, Minerva?"

McGonagall sighed and replied.

"Charlotte Weasley."