•𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8

They all finished their Butterbeers and decided to head out, Hermione and Charlotte were in high spirits and the boys trailed in front as Mione and Lottie skipped forward twirling and giggling as snowflakes fell on their tongues and eyes.

They then linked arms and nearly tripped over, causing them to burst out into laughter.

The boys were talking about something but Charlotte didn't listen as they she having too much fun.

Charlotte suddenly jumped on Harry's back, causing him to immediately grab her thighs and hoist her up. She exclaimed as she raised a hand.

"Onward, my noble steed!"

Harry shook his head and let out a laugh, Hermione giggled as she swung her arms around Ron's neck and leaned on him causing him to yelp from the sudden weight. Lottie wrapped her arms around Harry's neck and placed her chin on the top of his hat, she sighed in content as they kept walking down the pavement.

The fun soon ended when a blood curdling scream made them jump and look to what was making that noise, Charlotte jumped off Harry's back as they walked closer. They soon froze when Katie Bell went limp and was suddenly pulled against the floor violently, she then flew up into the air and was hovering up there. Her friend, Leanne, exclaimed as they came up beside her.

"I warned her! I warned her not to touch it!"

The quartet watched in horror as Katie's back bent like a ruler, her arms were spread out and she let out a loud scream, it looked like she was being possessed.

However, they couldn't really do anything other than watch as she came down towards the ground and landed harshly in the snow.

They ran towards her in panic, she then started twitching and Charlotte went to help her, but Hagrid came up behind them and ordered them not to touch her or anything. It wasn't until Hagrid picked up Katie that Charlotte noticed a necklace on the floor, the packaging was ripped open and it suspiciously looked like what Draco had in his hand earlier.

She swore to Godric that Draco wasn't involved in this. But then again, she has no idea what he's doing overall.

Harry went to pick it up, but Hagrid told him to pick it up by the packaging and not the necklace itself, they followed Hagrid back to the castle and was sent to see McGonagall. Harry placed the necklace in front of her and she looked at it uneasily, she turned to Leanne and asked sternly.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?"

Leanne shook her head and answered truthfully.

"It's like I said, she left to go to the loo  and when she came back, she had the package. She said that it was important she delivered it."

McGonagall asked again.

"Did she say to whom?"

Leanne answered again.

"To Professor Dumbledore."

Minnie let out a breath and muttered.

"Dumbledore? Well, thank you, Leanne. You may go."

Leanne turned around and walked away, McGonagall turned to the others and announced.

"Why is it when something happens, it is always you four?"

Ron and Charlotte replied in unison as Hermione and Harry didn't speak.

"Believe me, Professor. I've been asking myself the same question for six years."

Minnie sighed and looked behind them before uttering.

"Oh, Severus."

Snape walked towards them and looked at the necklace, he then used Wingardium Leviosa to lift it up. They both looked at it deeply and McGonagall asked Snape.

"What do you think?"

After a bit of silence, Snape answered monotonously.

"I think Miss Bell is lucky to be alive."

Harry suddenly stated.

"She was cursed, wasn't she? I know Katie, off the Quidditch pitch she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was bringing that to someone, she wasn't doing it knowingly."

Minnie studied Harry before solemly replying.

"Yes, she was cursed."

Harry blurted immediately after.

"It was Malfoy."

Charlotte's head shot to him and she looked at him in shock and disbelief, so did Hermione and Ron. Lottie's eyes widened and she was speechless. McGonagall seemed to be shocked as well as she looked taken aback, she asked him firmly.

"That's a very serious accusation, Mr Potter."

Snape joined in.

"It is indeed, your evidence?"

Harry shrugged and responded.

"I just know."

Charlotte non-verbally scoffed and Snape retorted.

"You.. just.. know? Once again, you astonish with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals could only dream of possessing, how grand it must be to be the Chosen One."

The four shifted uncomfortably and McGonagall finally dismissed them.

"I suggest you return to your dormitory, all of you."

They all left the room and no one talked, once they got to the common room, Charlotte dragged Hermione to the dorms.

Hermione and Charlotte spent most of the night talking about the chances of Dobby getting a house elf girlfriend or boyfriend.