•𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 11

Later that day, Charlotte was chilling in the common room with Hermione and Neville. Neville had his head layed on Lottie's lap, asleep and Hermione was sitting beside Lottie, reading a book. Charlotte was admiring the lily that Cedric gave her and used a spell to make it change colour.

When suddenly, a group of people burst into the room and Neville shot up and Charlotte looked up to see Harry helping Ron, who was very pale. Lottie quickly got off the sofa and ran over to Ron, bombarding him with questions.

"Are you okay? Did Fred and George prank you? Did you see a spider?"

Ron gulped and Harry spoke for him, but avoided eye contact with Charlotte.

"He just asked Fleur to the Yule Ball."

Charlotte's mouth dropped and she asked Ron.

"What did she say?"

Hermione muttered out.

"No, of course?"

Ron shook his head and Hermione and Charlotte gasped. She said yes? Ron finally spoke up.

"There she was walking by, you know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out."

Ginny added.

"Actually, he sort of screamed at her. It was a bit frightening."

Lottie facepalmed and asked again.

"Well, what did you do then?"

Ron let out a shaky breath and replied.

"What else? I ran for it, you know I'm not cut out for this, Lottie."

She hummed and silently agreed, the whole way through that, Harry would not look at her and it might've been because she's going with Cedric to the Yule Ball and not him.

Ron had calmed down and they were now chilling in the common room, eating sweets and talking about what the next task could be.

As they talked, a first year Gryffindor boy suddenly came towards Charlotte and spoke nervously.

"M-Miss W-Weasley? Um, C-Cedric Diggory is waiting outside the common room w-wanting to talk to you."

Lottie's eyebrows furrowed and she wondered why he wanted to talk to her, but she just nodded and stood up, ignoring the jealous look on Harry's face as she thanked the boy.

"Okay. Thank you, buddy."

She patted his head softly and began to walk out of the common room, once she exited, she spotted a nervous looking Cedric Diggory leaning against the wall. She smiled and asked.

"Is everything okay?"

Cedric immediately stood up straighter and cleared his throat before replying.

"Everything is great, thank you for asking. I would just like to ask if you want to hang out again before the second task?"

Charlotte smiled lightly and responded happily.

"Of course! I'd love to hangout again, do you need any help figuring out what the egg does? When Harry tried opening it, it just screeched and nearly deafened us all."

Cedric let out a laugh and replied.

"Great. And yes please, if you wouldn't mind. I have a guess as what it does, but we'll test that when we hangout." (A/N: Calm down, they aren't going to shag.)

Charlotte thought about it for a few seconds before responding with a nod.

"Yeah, that's fine with me. I wouldn't mind helping you at all."