•𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 9

The golden quartet arrived in the field and lined up opposite the Slytherin's, they waited for the teacher to come and whilst they were waiting, Charlotte muttered reassuringly to Hermione.

"Hermione, you'll do fine, stop worrying."

Mione huffed and crossed her arms, a throat was cleared and Charlotte looked at the person, the person she was stood opposite was Draco Malfoy. He smirked and asked as he had caught her attention.

"Do you know how to ride a broomstick?"

Charlotte smirked back and retorted cockily.

"I'm a Weasley, of course I do."

Draco went to retort, but the teacher had arrived and was walking in between the lines, she had yellow eyes and short spiky hair. She announced.

"Good afternoon, class."

They all replied in unison.

"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch."

She spoke to a student and then stood at the top of the line. She then told the class what to do.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson, well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up, stick your right hand over the broom and say, Up!"

Charlotte put her right hand out and exclaimed with a power to her voice.

"Up!"

Her broom shot up from the ground and landed in her palm, she cringed from the pain and looked up to see if anyone else had done it and so far, only Draco, Harry and Charlotte had done it. Madam Hooch looked at the students who hadn't yet done it and added.

"With feeling!"

Charlotte looked at Hermione as her broom just rolled around on the grass, she was going to help her when Ron caught her attention. Just as Charlotte looked at him, she saw the broom smack him in the face, everyone laughed as he rubbed his nose. He groaned and complained.

"Guys, shut up."

Once everyone had finally got the broom into their hands, Madam Hooch told them what to do next.

"Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it, and grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end."

Charlotte heard a snicker and Harry nudged her, he smirked and whispered cheekily.

"That's what she said."

Charlotte snorted and rolled her eyes, she shook her head as she swung her leg over and gripped the broom, Hooch continued.

"When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down, on my whistle...3...2..."

She got interrupted by Neville squeaking, Charlotte looked at him in panic as he was hovering unsteadily in the air. Madam Hooch looked at Neville alarmed.

"Mr Longbottom? M-Mr Longbottom, get back down!"

Students were trying to tell him to get down, but nothing was working. He begins to hover higher and Charlotte's eyes widened as he uncontrollably zooms off. Neville lets out cries of terror and Charlotte freaks out.

"Neville, calm down, try to come back down. You're going to be okay."

Madam Hooch keeps telling Neville to come back down, but it makes him go faster. Her eyes widen as they see him soaring towards them, Charlotte froze and just at the last second, she's pushed and on the ground. She blew some of her hair out of her face and looked to see who saved her.