•𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12

Charlotte thankfully didn't have any lessons today as it was a Sunday, but it's also Christmas day today and it seems as though they all forgot to buy presents for each other as they were too caught up with the Yule Ball.

Cedric wanted to hang out today, so that is what Charlotte is getting ready for. He told her that they will be trying the egg in some water, so he asked her to a get a t-shirt and shorts to wear in the bath.

She didn't bother wearing makeup as they were going to be in the water anyway, and Lottie said goodbye to Hermione and met up with Cedric. He then led her to the Prefects bathroom and they entered, there was a huge bath with bubbles in their eye sight.

Charlotte looked at Cedric and he smiled before walking behind a wall to get changed, which made her do the same. She placed her clothes at the side, out of the way so they didn't get wet as she'd be changing into them once they're done.

When they had changed into swimswear, they walked from behind the wall and Charlotte blushed slightly as she looked at Cedric's toned stomach. Lottie shook the thought away and they got into the water. He suggested.

"Let's try putting the egg under water and opening it, shall we?"

Charlotte nodded and Cedric picked up his egg, he put it under water and counted down from three, when he got to one, they both ducked down into the water and Cedric opened the egg. Charlotte got ready for the screeching, but something different happened. Instead of it screaming, it began to sing.

Come seek us where our voices sound We cannot sing above the ground
An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took

Charlotte looked at Cedric in awe, he was in awe too. They listened to it again and went back up, Lottie quickly dried her hands and conjured a piece of parchment, ink and a quill. She then began to write down what they had sung. Charlotte lifted herself out of the water and watched as Cedric got out as well. They sat and talked about what the next task could be, Lottie went first.

"It could have something to do with the black lake. Like, the voices sounded like the merpeople who live in the lake."

Cedric nodded, agreeing with her and he added.

"That definitely sounds correct. Also, it says that the champions have an hour to find what they took. I think they're going to take something that belongs to me, like a prized possession. Ooh, like my signed Puddlemere United poster!"

Charlotte let out a giggle and replied.

"Probably, but would it be waterproof? Wait, what am I saying? We're magic for Godric's sake, they could just use a spell to make it waterproof."

Cedric chuckled and nodded, Lottie asked.

"Do you want to tell Harry, or not? I think he should know what to do. Like, don't tell him straight up, but kinda like give him hints."

Cedric nodded again and responded.

"Yeah, I think Potter should know. I think Krum and Delacour has already figured it out as well, so we don't need to tell them."

Charlotte hummed and got up, drying her hair with a spell and went behind the wall again to change into her clothes. Cedric did the same and they were ready to go and tell Harry, wherever he is.

The two left the bathroom and tracked down Harry to find him on the bridge talking to Hermione. When they got closer, Cedric suddenly softly grabbed Charlotte's hand and intertwined their fingers. She looked down at their hands in shock, and then looked back up at him and he smirked before muttering quietly.

"Let's make Potter jealous, it's funny to see him get all riled up."

Charlotte didn't really want to, but she reluctantly nodded and they continued to walk towards Harry and Hermione. Once they saw the two, Hermione smirked at their hands and walked away to give them some privacy to talk to Harry. Cedric spoke first and counted how long it'd take Harry to notice that they were holding hands.

"Hey, Potter."

Harry looked over to them and replied to Cedric.

"Cedric."

He then looked to Charlotte and smiled sheepishly, she politely smiled back and Cedric asked.

"How are you?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and responded in confusion.

"Spectacular."

Charlotte silently snickered as Cedric nodded and stated.

"Look, I realise that I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons."

Harry smiled lightly, but it faltered when he finally noticed their hands. He frowned, but covered it up when he replied.

"F-Forget about it, I'm sure you would have done the same for me."

Cedric smiled and responded.

"Exactly. You know the prefects bathroom on the fifth floor?"

Harry nodded and Cedric continued.

"It's not a bad place for a bath, you know. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water."

Harry nodded again, but in confusion this time. Charlotte smiled at him once again and left with Cedric as he lightly pulled her away. They could feel Harry staring at them and when they were out of his eye sight, Cedric immediately began laughing his head off. Cedric spoke through his laughter.

"D-Did you s-see his face w-when he s-saw we were h-holding hands?"

Charlotte nodded and faked a laugh as she felt quite bad for Harry, it was a bit mean to be honest.

But Cedric and Charlotte hung out a bit more before departing ways. Cedric kissed her on the cheek and she said good luck to him as the task is later today. He thanked her and Charlotte went to the library to meet up with Hermione, Neville, Ron and Harry.