•𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑫 𝒀𝑬𝑨𝑹• 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12

{Time skip to Spring}

A couple more weeks has gone past and it's inching close to the end of the year. After Harry finding out that Sirius Black is his godfather and that he sold his parents out, he's decided to ask Remus to teach him the patronus spell to get rid of the Dementors. Of course he dragged Charlotte with him so she could support him.

Hermione is in the Library, Ron is eating sweets with Neville, Seamus and Dean and Harry and Charlotte are in Remus' classroom. She listened as he asked.

"You're sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic, well, beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level."

Harry nodded and replied confidently.

"If Black can fight the Dementors, I need to know how too."

Charlotte smiled at his confidence and watched Remus as he narrowed his eyes at Harry like he was conflicted. He finally responded.

"Very well, the spell I'm going to teach you is called the Patronus Charm. Ever heard of it?"

Harry shakes his head whilst Charlotte nods hers. Remus notices that she knows and smiles, he then turns to her.

"Would you like to explain to Harry what it is?"

Charlotte made a face as to say "yeah, why not" and looked at Harry, he deeply stared at her as she told him.

"A Patronus is a kind of positive force, for the Witch or Wizard who can conjure one. The Patronus works
something like a shield, the Dementor feeds on it instead of them."

Remus nods and Harry still looked quite confused. The big trunk behind Remus, rattles as he adds on.

"But in order for it to work, you must think of a memory, and not just any. This memory needs to be a very happy one, and powerful."

Harry racks through his brain and then finally nods. Remus carries on.

"Got something? Good, let it fill you up, lose yourself in it, and then speak the incantation: Expecto Patronum. Without your wand..."

Harry mutters the spell over and over until Remus slowly opens the trunk. A Dementor flies up and hovers in the air. Charlotte's breath hitches and Harry says the spell, a white light appears, but before it could properly work, his eyes roll back and he faints. Lottie immediately gets up off the floor and ran over to him whilst Remus took care of the Boggart.

Harry finally came around and Charlotte gave him some chocolate. He spoke up.

"That was one nasty Dementor."

Remus shook his head and corrected him.

"That was a Boggart, Harry. The real thing would be worse, much worse. Just out of interest, what was the memory you was thinking of?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows before responding.

"The first time I rode a broom."

Charlotte helped him up as Remus replied.

"That's memory isn't good enough, I'm afraid, Harry. Not nearly."